Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can I use IB to trade while NT plots my trades on NT charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use IB to trade while NT plots my trades on NT charts?

Hi,

I currently execute trades through Interactive Brokers and can see my buy orders and or buy points on the charts in my Esignal platform.

I'm thinking about migrating to NT and I was wondering if it's possible to place my trades with Interactive Brokers and have them show up on my charts in NT ( if I use a paid for live version of NT )

I would prefer to trade directly from NT charts. Unfortunately NT does not have IB's capability of an atomic order operation which allows me to see my buy, stop and profit target orders on the chart before the initial buy order is executed. ( NT only shows stop and profit target orders after the initial buy order is executed )

I was wondering if as a work around I could place a buy/sell with an OCO limit and stop order with Interactive Brokers and have all three orders show up on my NT chart that way?

If yes, will NT still plot and store all my past executed trades in Interactive Brokers on NT charts?

Hello,

As long as you are connected to NinjaTrader via TWS, you should see record of these orders. Once NinjaTrader receives an update from TWS, you should see these marked in your NT database as 'External' orders.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Matthew,

Just so I'm 100% clear could you please confirm that this means that executed trades and pending orders will be market and plotted on NT charts when placed through the IB platform?

Comment

David,

The pending orders will show up as they are pending. You will not see historical pending orders. (i.e., if you canceled an order, NinjaTrader will not have record of this).

Executed trades will appear as soon as NinjaTrader receives an account update from TWS

Comment

That's great, this should provide me with the solution i was looking for, thanks again.

Comment

Hi,
            I was wondering if there is any way to test the above process ( place orders with IB and have them show up in NT charts) through the free NT version or a demo account or do I have to buy the NT license version first.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately it would not be possible with a free simulation license key. It would require that you have a live license key to see any external orders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes