Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeating sound

Hi
    I am trying to write a strategy with a sound alert. I tried what I had written and it worked but the sound would not stop repeating - like it was in an endless loop. I deleted the strategy but the sound continued to repeat. I turned off NinjaTrader and rebooted it but the moment I connect to Zenfire again, away it goes again!! Short of reinstalling NT7, I am at a loss to know how to stop/get rid of the thing? Anyone got any ideas please?
    TIA Karl

Hi Karl, have you removed all running strategy instances in your NT and have also checked other potentially current hidden workspaces if the script is not running on those perhaps?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand. I have done as you suggest and nothing is obvious. I will remove all workspaces and strategies from NT and add them back one at a time. Not a bad move anyway as there is a bit of junk that is obsolete and I can leave it off! If that doesn't work, I will reinstall NT7 - drastic but sometimes quicker than the alternative.

I have another problem at the moment just to make things interesting. I have loaded some indis to a workspace all of which work very well. The problem now is that I cannot get into Strategies! The Strategy item is greyed out. Again, I will go through the process one by one. Aren't computers 'fun'!!??

Karl

Comment

Hi Karl,

Strategies (from the Right Click > Strategies screen) will be grayed out if you have ChartTrader enabled on the chart or if you are not currently connected to a data provider. ChartTrader can be toggled on the chart toolbar. You can verify connection status in the lower-left corner of control center.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan - the Chart Trader was 'true' - somehow got into the template that way but not intended or recognised. You saved some of my hair anyway. Still trying to kill the chirping resulting from my abortive strategy but I will persevere. You guys are so helpful - much appreciated.
          Karl

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elderan, Yesterday, 08:03 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:57 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes