What happened to my static SuperDOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to my static SuperDOM?

Okay, I finally got comfortable with simulated trading, and purchased a full license. All of a sudden the static SuperDOM, which I have been using for the past 4 months, is not available. What happened, and how can I get it back? This dynamic thing is causing me to make expensive errors.

I'm using Zen-Fire with Mirus Futures, if that matters.

-A

Hello anachronist,

The static DOM is subject to license fees for a patent on the static price ladder display. If you are interested in enabling your key for the static DOM, please send an email to sales 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com. You will also need to purchase TT credits using the link below.

Related information:
    Static versus Dynamic Super DOM
    TT Patent Information
    Purchase TT Credits.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 10-17-2011, 08:35 AM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah. Interesting. It turns out my broker (Mirus) already includes this royalty in their transaction fees so I should not need to purchase TT credits. I have written to sales asking about this.

It would be nice if the free version had the same features disabled that are disabled in the full version. I got so used to using that static window, I now get flustered by the couple of seconds it takes to freeze and unfreeze the dynamic one.

It also seemed (please correct me if I'm wrong) that if place or move an order while the DOM window is frozen, the order doesn't get transmitted until I un-freeze it. I had an incident today where I hit the space bar to freeze the window to move my stop to break-even, and got stopped out at the original price before I un-froze it. It happened pretty fast, so it may have been my imagination, but that's how it seemed.

-A

Comment

Yes, sales will be able to setup your key for static dom if this is the case. Thank you for your comments. We provide both displays in sim environment as this is also a user preference item. Some may prefer one style or the other and sim is a good opportunity to check out both.

The order should be modified even while the hold button is active. Hold only pauses the up/down movement but order modifications and placements happen immediately. You can verify this is working for you by monitoring the orders tab of the control center at the same time you place / modify orders on the dynamic dom while it is held. It is easier to check only for working orders by Right Clicking > Filter Only Active Orders from the Orders Tab.

Comment

Got my static DOM back. Yay!

Please consider including a note in the documentation that using the static SuperDOM in "live trading" mode requires a royalty fee per transaction, but the dynamic SuperDOM does not.

-A

Comment

Originally posted by anachronist View Post
            Got my static DOM back. Yay!

Please consider including a note in the documentation that using the static SuperDOM in "live trading" mode requires a royalty fee per transaction, but the dynamic SuperDOM does not.

-A
            You guys could have saved me 10 minutes by doing that..... just wasted time looking for the problem.

How can I found out whether my broker or data provider will let me use the static superDOM? I'm using Interactive Brokers for broker and IQFeed as supplementary data feed..

Thanks

Comment

Hi adamus,

Please email sales 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com for any questions about your license key and static SuperDom enablement.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
              Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
              1 response
              0 likes