Managed vs Unmanaged approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed vs Unmanaged approach

I would like to ask your for your experiance. I wrote several strategies in managed approach, all worked fine in backtest but realtime in sim was full of overfilling and problems with canceling Stoploss. So i decided to rewrite it to Unmanaged approach. I use SumbitOrder() and CancelOrder() but sometimes i have problems when position reveresing, i close old position and open new position in new direction but sometimes CancelOder() for my Stoploss does not work.

Do you have same experience? How do you fixed it? IS possible to write profitable intraday strategy only in Managed code? (without overfilling)

than you

Tomas

Hello Tomas,

Thanks for the post. Overfills are caused whenever you strategy issues a cancel order and the order is filled before it can be cancelled. Cancelling an order can be when using CancelOrder(), as part of an OCO link, autoexpiration, or part of the managed approaches position management.

Unmanaged approach should not be considered as a solution to overfills. It does offer the property IgnoreOverFill for advanced programmers who can code appropriate overfill handling. If you are experienced enough to code your own overfill handling, then before getting to this point you should be able to work with the managed approach, advanced framework, which will offer more order control.

You should be looking at the situations in your strategy that cause overfills, and see if you can code more control here first in the managed framework. If you are new to working with IOrders and advanced handlers, this sample can introduce you to a lot of these concepts:
    The OnOrderUpdate() and OnExecution() methods are reserved for experienced programmers. Instead of using Set() methods to submit stop-loss and profit target orders, you can submit and update them manually through the use of IOrder and IExecution objects in the OnOrderUpdate() and OnExecution() methods. The OnOrderUpdate()
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes