Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Last tick of bar is sometimes erroneously packed into the next bar with IB data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last tick of bar is sometimes erroneously packed into the next bar with IB data feed

Hello!
    I use the IB data feed and trade the ES 5 min chart. Once or twice a day the last tick of a bar is erroneously packed into the next bar. I can see this when I compare the live chart to another chart of historical minute data. My PC clock is synced automaticallay every 15 minutes so I suppose that this discrepancy is due to standard latency. Unfortunately the erroneously tick can be of great importance since it can make the differnce between a break out, an inside bar, an outside bar etc. This is a major issue for me today.

Would this problem disappear if I would use another data feed with nativley stamped tick data like Kinetic? When I read this post http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...07&postcount=2 it sounds as if it would do the trick.

Quote:
    As ticks come into NinjaTrader in real-time, they are time stamped based on your local PC time if they do not already have an associated time stamp that is provided from the real-time data source. ...//.. NinjaTrader then builds bars based on the time stamp of the incoming tick and displays these bars in your chart in real-time.
    Regards
    poseidon_sthlm

Hello posedion_sthlm,

Thank you for your post.

The post you refer does explain why you are receiving the erroneous tick with IB as they are Locally timestamped.

With Kinetick you will receive Natively timestamped data which will allevate the concern of the erroneous tick. With Kinetick you will receive true tick by tick data as well.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

What do you mean by "With Kinetick you will receive true tick by tick data as well." ? Is it optional whether the 5 min bars that I will see on my real time chart will be built of naitivley or locally time stamped tick data? Is there any draw back with the use of natively time stamped tick data?

Regards
      poseidon_sthlm

Comment

Hello poseidon_sthlm,

Thank you for your response.

To answer your first question, with Interactive Brokers you receive tick data that is not true tick data, but is a sub-second snapshot that is provided as a tick so it can include multiple trades.

Your second question depends on your data feeed provider whether the Real-Time Timestamps are Native or Local, there is no setting within NinjaTrader that will change this.
        For more information on understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider, please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

There is no draw back to receiving Native timestamps, a Native timestamp means that if your PC clock is even off by a second you do not have to worry about your data being off by a second. However, if your PC clock is off sync then it will dispaly the data differently in your charts as the charts use your PC time.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Yasharandom, Today, 07:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Yasharandom  
        Started by llanqui, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post llanqui