Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Proposal for Static SuperDom, including it into the chart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proposal for Static SuperDom, including it into the chart!

hello,

i wanted to make a proposal for future ninjatrader versions.
    because markets are moving very quick, its sometimes very hard to enter a trade with the static superdom (especially for limit orders, even with the chart trader). thats because i have to search the price on the ladder after i made my decision at which price i want to enter. with chart trader right click ect.. takes too lanog

hard to understand? watch attached example.

I used to trade with another platform, which had the static superdom included in the chart. perfect for qucik moving markets. with the cross hair very easy to select the price, left click for limit order, right for stop market and bang, FILLED!!!

Any opinions
    Attached Files

forgot to add :

the second picture shows the static superdom included in the chart.

green for buying, red for selling

any opinions

Comment

Thanks for the sharing your input here Philipp, correct on the ChartTrader it would be a right click and then a left click to place the order at your exact desired price level.

Are you placing your order always at a certain offset to the current price? Then for example the custom order hotkeys in NT7 could help you here.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi bertrand,

not really.

in the example the low is at 5815,5 and the grey bar shows a reversal bar with higher volume than the previous bar. CAN be a good entry.

the high of that reversal bar is at 5823. Entering with a market order after that bar finished would mean an 8 point stop, when stop is placed below that bar. entering at the arrow at 5819 would minimize my risk to 4 points. but its definetly very hard to be that quick with the order entry possibilities that ninjatrader offers at the moment.

first i have to make my decision regarding to price and than click a few times or move the mouse to the static superdom to the correct price. takes too long as mentioned in earlier post.

any other ideas bertrand?

Comment

Thanks philipp, have you tried preparing the order in advance and then just moving to the final level once the bar is closed so you know where you'd like to enter? This would be quicker and is done with one mouse click on ChartTrader.

Comment

hi bertrand,

thats of course an idea. but because of the quickness of markets there would be the possibility that market drops so quick, that my limit will get filled at a point i dont want to, because im not able to cancel that fast.

by the way, a break even button in the chart trader window and a cancel order button in the chart trader window could be very useful too.

Comment

Thanks again for the feedback, the cancel last order and breakeven actions could be easily defined as custom hotkey under Tools > Hotkey Manager. I will make sure though to forward your thoughts to product management so it can contribute to further enhance NinjaTrader in the future.

Comment

thanks bertrand,

what means when a modal form has focus? tried to make some hotkeys.

Comment

ok, solved this by my own.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                  19 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Radano
                  by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM