Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting a price alert

Hi Everyone,
    I am a new user of NT and first I would like to say that some aspects of this software are amazing while other parts I probably don’t understand.
    This is where I need help.
    The way I work (And I personally know hundreds of people that works that way) is: I usually get on a daily basis a list of instruments (Stocks) that are likely to be a winners today if they are gone past a particular price, for example: if AKAM will go over the price of $39.31 today (Given the right market conditions) it will probably go much further up.
    That list comes from a virtual trading room I am a member of and comes few hours before the trading day starts.
    In order to trade on this, I need to do two things:
    • Quickly enter the list to a Market analyzer.
    • Set an alarm so it gives me a warning and attracts my attention, just before that price is reached.
    As for item 1, it is possible but difficult; entering a new stock directly in the Market analyzer is possible only if the stock is already in the search list on the Instrument Manager, if not you have to enter it there and get back to the Market analyzer to add it there.
    Basically what I am after is the means to quickly create a new daily list of stocks I will be working on without the difficulties of having to go back and forth.

As for item 2, I search high and low but could not find a way to do this:
    I tried to use the “price alert” field in two places:
    • In the Market analyzer, but there I could not find a way to change (edit) the field in order to enter the price that should set the alarm.
    • On the chart’ again using the “price alert” but there the alert is global and stays with the chart not the security.
    At this time I am lost for answer and need help – especially for item number 2 (Alert) this is a must in my case.
    Thanks
    Shimon Dekel

Hi Shimon,

1) This is a current limitation, with NT 6.5 currently in beta, we have added the SP500 list as default installation and importing a list of stocks is real simple. You can download it from the 6.5 section in the forum.

2) Unfortunately this is a current limitation of our application.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Setting a price alert

In that case, can anyone explain what the "Price Alert" field is and how do you use it?

I looked but could not find any references to it, other the fact it is part of the indicators.

Thanks
      Shimon Dekel

Comment

This is an indicator is designed for use with a chart only and should not be used with the Market Analyzer.

Comment

"Price Alert"

In that case, can anyone explain what the "Price Alert" field is and how do you use it?

Thanks
          Shimon Dekel

Comment

If you are referring to the PriceAlert indicator in the Market Analyzer --> The explanation is that its not designed for the MA and thus do not use it.

If you are referring to something else, please clarify and I would be happy to explain.

Comment

Hello,

I am relatively new to Ninja Trader and I have the following question:
              Is there any update in regards to be alerted by sound when an individual market hits the Lows /Highs of the day?
              A reference to an indicator or how to set this up would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

Julius

Comment

There is not a default indicator that will alert you at the high of the day.

However you could build an alert using the CurrentDayOHL() method and the Alert() functions

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your quick response.
                  Following up on it, does this mean in return than that everytime a new low/high has been made, I have to manually go back to the Market Analyzer in order to set a new alert condition for it? Possibly I do not quite understand.

Kind Regards
                  Julius

Comment

Helo Julius,

If you were using the PriceAlert() indicator, that would be the case. However what I was suggesting was building a custom indicator that would automatically alert you when these new highs or lows have been reached.

NinjaTrader advanced charting is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

There is a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes