workspaces and charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

workspaces and charts

Hi, probably such an easy answer for most but I'm having difficulty in finding the answer.

I have like the YM showing on a chart, by going to File->New Chart...

I then draw on my annotations etc...

Then I close the chart and exit Ninja Trader 7

Question, when I open up my chart of YM up again how do I have it so that my annotations for this chart doesn't disappear???

Is there a way to save annotations, drawings to a chart???

Thanks

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the post. Yes, drawing objects can be preserved in a workspace file. After drawing on the chart, click File > Workspace > Save Workspace. Additional help for using workspaces is available here:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank, but what about when I close my chart after I have saved my workspace? Are the drawing objects lost? Because I've never been able to bring back my closed chart after I have closed it, even if I have saved it in my workspace previously as you mentioned.

When I want to load a workspace I go to File, Workspaces, Open Workspace, but not matter what I choose, I never get my chart back??? Any ideas?? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

David

Comment

It saves the settings as they exist on the chart at the time you save. It's possible you were overwriting them after closing, maybe when using the prompt that comes up that asks if you wish to save any new changes.

Try this simple test to verify workspaces are saving your charts and drawing objects.

Create a chart:
        Draw on it.
        Click File > Workspace > Save Workspace
        Shutdown NinjaTrader, without closing any charts.
        Restart NinjaTrader.

Are your charts there with drawing objects? Then they're successfully stored in a workspace. There is no "revert to last saved state" workspace option so if you close your charts while you have the existing workspace selected, you have to first close it and open making sure not to save it in the "lost chart state".

Comment

Thanks Ryan, here is a more simpler test. What I do is I open a chart, draw on it, click Save WorkSpace.

Then I close the chart. Then I go to File -> WorkSpaces and I choose my saved WorkSpace to Open,then I am expecting my closed chart to appear, but it does not appear?

What I should do then?

Thanks

David

Comment

You're likely saving your workspace in a "no chart" state so should be mindful each time the save workspace prompt comes up. I would play around with it this weekend and if you still aren't sure how it works, send a note to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com Attn: RyanM. I'd be happy to do some demos/check it out over remote assistance.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 10-21-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
            1 response
            0 likes