Commissions on Partial Fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commissions on Partial Fill

I am new to stock trading. I am testing a strategy on Ninja Trader in simulation mode and market replay. I have a live broker, TD Ameritrade. I have my commissions set in options as $10 minimum. In simulation mode I am being charged $10 for each partial fill, is this the way it would really be? When executing trades directly on TD Ameritrade I have never been charged 4 times for a round trip trade.

A follow up question. Does, EnterLong();, enter the order to TD Ameritrade as one order or multiple orders in a situation where it fills the order in different amounts? Because then the multiple commissions would make sense. If this is the case is there a way to make it not do this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by wbprgrmr; 10-23-2011, 04:00 PM.

Hello,

You would need to check with TDAmertirade on how they handle multiple executions and commissions when you receiving partial fills. NinjaTrader will count these as separate executions, you will see commissions charged on each one, however your broker may treat this differently.

EnterLong() will enter multiple executions on a partial fill. There is no way to change this behavior.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello Matthew,
      Thank you for the Reply.
      I am looking at trading GE. This website (http://www.tdameritrade.com/trade/orderexecution/speed.html) seemed to indicate that "TD Ameritrade 5-Second Guarantee ensures that qualifying S&P 100® Internet equity market trades that take longer than 5 seconds to execute are commission-free!". I think that means that my order would be filled completely, maybe at varying prices as NT does but with only a single commission. If I EnterLong(); with the number of stocks I want to buy, NT will execute this as seperate orders? Which will in turn cost me commission on each execution?
      Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

As far as the actual commission on your TDA account, your partial fills should work within the bounds of the guarantee TDA has.

However, if they are reported as partial fills, EnterLong() might return in NinjaTrader as multiple executions. Therefore your performance reporting will not reflect the same as your actual trade statement from TDA.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by XXtrader, Today, 11:30 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes