Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import data from other platform (e.g Visual Chart)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import data from other platform (e.g Visual Chart)

Hello again,

I asked before about getting data from Yahoo but I see this is very limited (just from 2011).

Maybe more people have the same problem as me, so the question now is about Importing Data.

I was user of Visual Chart before NT. I think I can import the historics from there, right? I would like to know how can I do it because I've checked the "HELP" section but I couldn't import succesfully. I imagine that is because I don't have many knowledge about data base stuff.

The datas I want to import are at End of Day.

Thank you very much.

Antonio Fernandez

Hi Antonio, data import into NT is definitely possible, please check into this link here for the details :

You can also connect to the Kinetick Free end of Day data connection in NT7, this would offer you high quality daily data access as well with likely longer historical lookbacks.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello again,

I have been trying to import data but didn't work. I have some doubts:

- My data are at daily, from .txt. What kind "name" should have my archive? (Last, Bid or Ask).
      - The date's format from Visual Chart is DD-MM-YYYY. Do you have some application for change it automatically to NT format?
      - When I'm in the Historical Data Manager ready for importing, what "Format" and "Data Type" should I select?

Thank you very much.

Antonio Fernández

Comment

Hi Antonio, you would choose then the Last here.

I would not have an utility to format / change the date to NT's needed 'yyyyMMdd' but Excel would feature capabilities to 'massage' your data and format to make it suitable for import.

For the import data type, Last would also be again chosen, basically this needs to be set according to the file you provide which is Last here as well for regular daily chart data.

Hope that helps,
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello again,

I made the import succesfully, but i have a problem about generating the chart.

I indicate you the steps i did:

1) Create the stock in the Instrument Manager (with the same name as the archive without .Last).
          2) Import the archive.
          3) Create the graph. Here the graph only has data since 2011 (the same as Yahoo source), so I think that the data is not being getted from the imported file. What can i do?

Thanks.

Antonio Fernandez
          Last edited by atomito; 10-25-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Finally I did, sorry for the last message.

I thought Yahoo doesn't provide data from more than one year ago, but yes, I just have to change the option in the graph configuration.

Also I checked that i imported the data succesfully, so thank you very much

Antonio Fernandez

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jeronymite  
            Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes