Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Kinetick Bid/Ask chart only seems to update when there's change in Last traded price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick Bid/Ask chart only seems to update when there's change in Last traded price

Hi, NinjaTrader Support,

I'm using NT7 live and have IB live account and Kinetick Live account.

My question is about the diferrence in charts created from following two data on instrument YC YK or YW.
    1) IB bid/ask live data
    2) Kinetick bid/ask live (and/or historical) data.

The IB bid/ask live data charts draws line every time when there's a change in bid/ask price. Whereas, Kinetick live data (and also historical) chart only draws the line when there's a change in the Last (Traded) price. So the chart looks completely diferrent. (IB chart has more zigzag whereas Kinetick chart is smooth.)

I'm using two computers to compare the diferrence, and my connection is as follows. I'm getting live feeds for both IB and Kinetick. MarketAnalyzer shows same price, and the price marker in the right side on both charts show the same bid/ask price, but the Kinetick chart will not draw lines unless Last Price is updated.

Computer 1)
    Live NT7 connected to Live IB which draws bid/ask chart whenever bid/ask price changes

Computer 2)
    demo NT7 connected to Live Kinetick which draws bid/ask chart only when there's a change in the last traded price.

If you can make two connections to IB, Kinetick like above, and make chart on either YC, YK or YW and plot Last, Bid, Ask price on the same chart, you will see what I'm talking about.

Could you kindly let me know how I can fix it so that Kinetick bid/ask chart will be drawn everytime there's a change in bid/ask price?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting - we will need to setup this up and test this on our end. Once we have more information, we will update this thread.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you.
      Look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

I have tested this on my end with YK 11-11 and am receiving updates to the current Bid and Ask data within the panel as expected as the Bid/Ask data changes within the Orders tab.

Please compare the Bid/Ask data within the Orders tab of the Control Center and let me know if the bars update as the price update within this tab.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Mr. Chistopher J,

Thanks for the reply.
          I have checked the Orders tab.
          Yes, it does reflect the current bid / ask price whenever the quote change. So does the price shown at Market Analyzer. So does the price shown on the "price market" at the right hand side of the chart.
          But the chart does not draw the line unless Last Traded Price is has changed.

But when I connect to IB, the price is drawn every time there's change in bid/ask price even if there's no change (meaning the chart line is not drawn) in Last Traded Price.

Please compare how the lines of the chart is drawn between IB and Kinetick.

If there's anything, please let me know.

Comment

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
            1.) A link to this forum thread.
            2.) Your Kinetick ID
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chart not updating easy solution [SOLVED]

First post here but I had to answer this despite it being several years old. It was driving me CRAZY and did cost me some money when I got filled well outside where I thought the current prices were.

I kept running into this same problem, especially on ETFs. I have a live IB account connected through TWSStart and IB Gateway API. I have IB's US Bundle data feed as well as a live Kinetick feed with NYSE and NASDAQ quotes.

Things I ruled out:
              - I am no where close to the 100 quote limit for either data provider.
              - I am not pushing IB's data servers to respond with the "panic" error.
              - Kinetick is sending me data as fast as I can pull it (100Mbps internet connection).

I could pull up Google, Yahoo, and TWS and watch the prices update like crazy but my NT7 charts just sat there never moving.

Solution:
              1) Create a new chart for the desired time frame. Price based on "Last"
              2) Add another data series with price based on "Bid"
              3) Change "Visual" section price market color, wicks, and outlines to transparent
              4) Repeat 2 and 3 for "Ask"

You now have a chart which will update on any of the 3 incoming quotes.

Cheers,

Jason

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              4 responses