IQfeed not valid symbol failover to backup feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQfeed not valid symbol failover to backup feed

I am testing IQfeed and still had the IB symbols for tick, trin in my charts..(or some other problem that is not getting the mapping right). Anyway, all my charts came up except tick and trin. While I know that I probably can fix this by doing something with symbol mapping. I am puzzled as to why Ninja Trader did not failover to the configured backup feed of Interactive Brokers instead of me manually aborting the fill when IQ feed did not recognize the symbol. This is on NT 6.5 Beta if that makes a difference. appreciate your advice on this.

Connecting

Hello Drew,

Everything functioned properly. NinjaTrader did not use your back up data feed IB because you did not los connection to DTNIQ feed.

You will need to ensure that you have the correct symbol mapping for the TICK and TRIN for DTN within NinjaTrader.
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

This doesn't make sense relative to my experience using Open Tick and IB together. When I use Open Tick which does not have a Tick or Trin I connect to Open Tick first then when I connect to IB, IB will fill in the Tick or Trin. Before you described a different set of logic to me when an instrument does not exist then a subsequently connected data source will fill it if it exists in that new connection. Maybe using the backup is not the right paradigm/quesiton.

Comment

Connecting

Hello Drew,

If you have IB set up as your backup data feed, you will not receive their data until your first connection is dropped.

If you are connected to DTN and then IB, you should receive the data from IB if DTN does not work.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Well, I set IQfeed to backup server =none. I connected to IQ Feed then I connected to IB. When I attempted to load QM, IQfeed came back with invalid symbol error message, it did not roll over to IB.

Then I disconnected from IQfeed and attempted to load the chart with IB only. The chart opened and backfilled.

Seems like a bug in error handling since this scenario works fine with Open Tick

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Connecting

Hello Drew,

Please contact DTN and ensure that the symbol mapping in NinjaTrader is correct. Additional information can be found below on symbol mapping.

Comment

Chris,

Thank you for the suggestion and I did get the charts set up with IQfeed.

However, there will always be equities/commodities that I will not subscribe to in my primary data feed and I will want them to roll over to the IB connection as a secondary data feed. I am trying to understand why when I use Open Tick as a primary data feed that unfilled charts such as Tick and Trin automatically fill on connection to IB as a secondary data feed whereas with IQFeed charts that are not able to fill on this primary data feed do not fill when I connect to IB as the secondary data feed...

btw - DTN claims that they don't have a copy of NT running because their trial keeps expiring. I let them know that they are mistaken since their is no expiration with an NT trial. Maybe you can help them get oriented...

Thanks,
              Drew

Comment

Connecting

Hello Drew,

Please send in a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and I will assist you from there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post cls71
                by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                3 responses