• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ninjascript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjascript

Sorry about the basic question.
    I have a standard MA crossover strategy coded. Presently the exit is after another cross in the opposite direction.and I would like to change it to a target of X ticks with a trail of X ticks with an option for changing it according to market volatility.
    Would someone be kind enough to tell me how.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by ntosc; 10-25-2011, 06:10 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

The best way most likely to do this is to have 2 different strategies. Keep your original and enable this if market volatility suits this style of strategy. Create a copy of your current strategy by going to the strategy wizard and go to view code button. Then right click on the code and select Save As. Give it a new name and then re open it via the control center->tools->Edit NinjaScript.

Once this is done go back into the strategy wizard and go to the stops and targets page. Add in a profit target and a stop loss following these instructions. You can add in a basic trail stop here as well.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rd_screens.htm
    Understanding the Stops and Targets screen
    BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by ntosc View Post
      Sorry about the basic question.
      I have a standard MA crossover strategy coded. Presently the exit is after another cross in the opposite direction.and I would like to change it to a target of X ticks with a trail of X ticks with an option for changing it according to market volatility.
      Would someone be kind enough to tell me how.
      Thank you.
      Take a look at this, posted in 2009: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=23740

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gemini42, Yesterday, 09:44 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post gemini42  
      Started by martyn73, Yesterday, 03:09 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post martyn73