oco handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oco handling

I have NT7 and zen-fire. Today I had an active OCO on one computer and then I logged off and back on to my account from another computer. I was surprised to see the orders showing up on my 2nd computer as I thought oco's through zen-fire were completely locally simulated. I ended up hitting the stop but it didn't cancel the target, which I manually cancelled. Is that what is meant by locally simulated?

Thanks

Hello,

When using Zen-Fire, your stops and targets will remain on the broker or exchange servers, however the OCO functionality is located simulated on your PC.

This means this orders will resume on another PC, however they will not be OCO from the second PC.

Click here for information on where orders reside
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks, good to know. So in the case of either the target or stop getting hit without the original oco-creating Ninjatrader running, the remaining order won't get canceled. When I log back in with my original Ninjatrader, will NT know that there was an external fill of one of the orders and automatically cancel the other? Definitely would not like to have the stop execute as soon as I log back in...
      Last edited by claxxical; 11-05-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

NinjaTrader will recognize this external fill, however the OCO function will not occur at this time. If a fill occurs on an ATM or OCO pair during a disconnect event, the OCO functionality will not be present

Comment

I know this stuff gets beaten to death over and over again but I thought I read somewhere that server-side oco's are now finally handled by zen-fire. Will the next version of NT support this?

Comment

Hello,

We do not have an ETA regarding when native server side OCO's will be supported through Zen-Fire, however this enhancement is tracked using ID #373

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Comment

Where can I track this?

Comment

For updates on a specific request please send an email to [email protected] and please include the tracking number within the email with a brief description.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

One more question....say I fill a long strategy on the /6E at 1.3800, stop at 1.3790, target 1.3840 and then log into my same zen-fire account through another NT or beta.zen-fire.com and move the target/stop. If I log back into my original NT session, will NT know that the manually changed orders still belong to the original strategy order and retain oco functionality? Sorry if that doesn't make sense....
                  Last edited by claxxical; 11-09-2011, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Yes, you're just changing the order price under this scenario. It would not have any impact on the OCO from the original PC. It wouldn't effect until you canceled and resubmitted the order from the 2nd PC installation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    172 responses
                    0 likes