Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safeguards against accidental doubling down

Hi,

Say I have a limit sell out at 80. Price is nearby and I decide I want to drag my order up a couple of ticks. So I go to click my order so I can move it but WHOOPS, the market filled me a split second before I clicked in and now my click has inadvertantly entered a new limit sell at the same price which is instantly filled. So not only did I miss my chance to raise my sell; now I've actually doubled it at a worse price than I wanted.

Is there a way to safeguard against this "accidental doubling down" scenario? It is a scenario I encounter every day.

Thank you.

Hello biegea,

Thanks for writing in.

The order submission confirmation feature should help to protect against this. To enable that feature:
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "General" tab
    • Check the option "Confirm order placement"
    • Press the "OK" button
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

But then I get a confirmation dialog after every single entry, right? I definitely don't want that. Whenever I hit the button to place an order, I want the order placed ASAP. All I really need is a safeguard against the scenario where my goal is to move an order rather than place a new one, despite the fact that the button-push action happens to be the same for each. It would be a nice feature if the Order Confirmation functionality could be enabled just for scenarios where a new order is 'placed' (i.e. accidentally) within say a second of a previously existing order filled at the same price.

Comment

Hello biegea,

This is the only option which would meet your needs currently, but I will forward your feedback here on to development for further consideration.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by biegea View Post
          But then I get a confirmation dialog after every single entry, right? I definitely don't want that. Whenever I hit the button to place an order, I want the order placed ASAP. All I really need is a safeguard against the scenario where my goal is to move an order rather than place a new one, despite the fact that the button-push action happens to be the same for each. It would be a nice feature if the Order Confirmation functionality could be enabled just for scenarios where a new order is 'placed' (i.e. accidentally) within say a second of a previously existing order filled at the same price.
          Freeze the DOM before you act on anything. I cannot tell you how many times what you describe has happened to me. Now it never does, because freezing the DOM has become automatic for me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post loganjarosz123  
          Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Belfortbucks