TS 9 Email Interface to IB 917 via NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS 9 Email Interface to IB 917 via NT7

Hi, last friday i was given a Live License serial in order to test the following setup:

Tradestation 9.0 (update 8949) generating trading signals and sending the signals by Email Interface via NT7 which is connected to Interactive Brokers' TWS 917.8 platform with Real-time live data feed.

I managed to set this connection up successfully (i think!?!) during the last 5 minutes of market trading hours last friday evening UK time. An order to buy 1 silver contract was filled by TS and appeared on the NT7 executions, positions tabs and successfully placed the order on the IB TWS platform. so it worked.

however, since last night when markets opened, we think we've set up everything just like friday, but no email orders are being received by NT7 from TS. we cant figure out what the problem is.

we sent test messages from TS and they appear in the NT7 log showing ATI in the middle column.

the data feed connection is from IB which has real-time data and in the NT7 log it says connected so thats ok too.

in order to determine where the problem is we tried testing the connection between NT7 and IB TWS by placing a manual buy order and it worked fine as we instantly saw an order placed on the IB platform from NT7.

so it seems the problem is between TS and NT7, but could the problem be if the test messages work. what should i check to make sure that TS is generating email orders that are successfully received at [email protected] using LOCALHOST etc and then be processed by NT?

p.s on TS we have not imported the ELD file and our TS is running real-time data. All symbols are mapped correctly.

hope we can solve this asap.

kind regards

Hello viloscohaagen,

Please see my response as per the email you sent us below.

Can you please check if the TradeStation workspace name is valid that contains the charts that run your automated strategy. Please see the link below for information regarding TradeStation workspace names.

Could it be 'AT Interface' is not enabled in NinjaTrader at Control Center-->File? I suggest to check all steps listed at the link below once more.

If the issue remains, please send me your latest log and trace files and include at what time an order should have been processed. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20111031 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20111031 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason

Thank you so much, it is now working thanks to your suggestion to check the Workspace naming convention.

we overlooked that section of the Email Interface guide "Workspace Options"
      The workspace name must contain "NinjaTrader;" (one word, without the quotations) otherwise NinjaTrader will NOT process any trade signals received from TradeStation.

we have now tested the Email orders, they are very efficient and are placed on the IB platform instantly so it works excellently. its a perfect solution for us.

Also the NinjaTrader support has been very quick and helpful and so far has solved every technical issue ive had within 30 minutes of messaging support. thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post maybeimnotrader