question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question

had a problem with writing script, i read in the forum that i needed to erase all files uninstall, now that i am up and running again it simply says error generating script.

i want a fix, ninja is getting a little old at this point, errors at every turn.

Hi bskogz12,

Thanks for the post. Did you manually delete the Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder after uninstalling? If this folder isn't manually deleted, then any errors in the old installation will be there when you reinstall.

Please see this post for help identifying and resolving programming errors:

If you are unsure how to remove or resolve any specific errors, post a screenshot of the editor with the errors visible and we can provide next steps.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SCREENSHOT1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	862822

I might be making this more complicated than it needs to be, im trying to get my keltner channels and macd signals to come from the rifin index then trigger buys on the etf fas. If im way off base on what im showing you then ill try and find another solution.

any advice helps...thanks

Comment

To fix that compile error, remove the Add() statement from OnBarUpdate().

If RIFFIN is a custom index that you added, it's formatted as "^RIFFIN".

Conditions will not automatically be evaluated on secondary series. You need to work with BarsInProgress to filter a specific series updating, or reference secondary series values using objects like Closes[1][0].

There is a sample MultiSeries strategy built into all installations. Click Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Strategy > SampleMultiInstrument. Documentation for this is available here:
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes