RTH and Time zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTH and Time zone

Hi i'm italian and i have a trouble with time zone and RTH session range today.

On my charts i use RTH session time, Rome timezone values, so i don't see the premarket chart sesssion.

Until the last week the market start 9.30-16.15 that correspond to 15.30-22.15

From yesterday our timezone had changed compared to US CME market timezone.
    Historic, present and future dates for daylight saving time and clock changes. Time changes between years 2023 and 2027 in Italy – Rome are shown here.

Today the market still start/end at 9.30-16.15 but a Rome local time correspond to 14.30-21.15 but obviously the chart don't let me see the first hour from 14.30 to 15.30 because the setup is the same of the last week

How i can set differents timezone in the same chart for differents days?

If isn't possible there is another solution ?

Excuse me for my poor english
    Last edited by solare; 10-31-2011, 02:53 PM.

Hello,

Your charts will be based off your local PC clock.

If you are experiencing issues after the European time change, you would need to go to your date/time settings and uncheck 'adjust for daylight time'. This should realign your local time zone to the CME time zone hour.

Alternatively, you could set your PC clock to the CME market time zone and leave your PC to adjust for daylight time savings, which should adjust automatically when this actually changes in the US.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello Matthew,

I have the same problem. I use a session template for the E-mini S&P that goes from 15:30 to 22:15 local time. After the time change today I had to change it to go from 14:30 to 21:15. Of course, that means all the previous days are now missing one hour of data and have an extra hour of Globex data that I don't want.

Is there a way to fix this that does not involve changing my PC time to something else? Because that would be quite annoying.

Comment

Hello Dommel,

Unfortunately with the time change, there is no other fix than adjusting the PC clock.

This should not cause any issues in the next two weeks when the US adjust their time.

Comment

Matthew, something on ninja don't run well.

Now i've deleted the DB folder to force the data reloaded from zenfire and set the pc time zone to GMT-5, the same of CME.

I've checked the CME US Index Futures RTH, it start from 9.30.

The US/CME time wasn't changed, my OS have the same timezone but the RTH session until 28/10 start at 8.30 and at 9.30 from 31/10. Isn't the same .... why ?

How the ninjatrader work with the timezone ?
          Last edited by solare; 11-01-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Hello,

There may be some updates that need to apply to ensure you have the current Daylight Savings settings on your PC.

Please take a look at the following Windows KB article related to this subject and apply the patch listed: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2570791

Comment

Thank Matthew, after installed the patch all days have the same start hour.

I've setup my OS timezone to GMT-5 and now the time is about the 12.52m the same of CME group.

The RTH session for US index is 8.30-15.15

Start hour is now 9.30.

On 6 november i think i must change OS timezone to GMT-6, I must do something else on ninjatrader ?

Comment

solare,

Glad to hear that did the trick.

No you would not need to do anything else to NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader will reflect your local PC clock once that change has been made on Nov-6

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Delerium  
                Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes