Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help With Symbols

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I have with symbols and the Kinetick data feed.

Kinetick lists symbols for NYSE Advances as IINA.Z.

When I enter this in NT it doesn't work. I quickly learned that NT has its own symbols to represent market data. I believe NT uses ^ADD or something to that effect.

Anyway, there were some other symbols that Kinetick supports that I'd like to use in NT but I don't see them listed in the Instrument Manager and/or they are there but labelled as something I don't easily recognize.

So, here are the specifics of what I am looking for and I'm hoping someone can point out how I can achieve this in NT.

I would like to plot separate line on close charts for the NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX advance/decline symbols. I want to know the difference between the advances and the declines and have this difference plotted as a line on close chart. I realize that the symbols required to do this may not all be available from Kinetick and/or NT, however I'd like to be able to chart as many of these as possible.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Tim

Hello Tim,

NinjaTrader uses ^ADD for the Nyse Advancing Issues/Declining Issues. However, it uses JINT.Z as symbol map for Kinetick. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the ^ADD in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and you will see the symbol mapping for each provider.

The ^ADV is the Nyse Avances, the ^DECL is the Nyse Declines if you like to plot them as seperate lines.

The Amex and Nasdaq Advancing Issues/Declining Issues are not listed by default. You will need to create new instruments in the Instrument Manager for these instruments. You can use the Kinetick Symbol Search at the following link to search what symbol mapping needs to be used. Make sure to set 'Instrument Type' to Market Statistic when searching.

Instructions to add new instruments in the Instrument Manager can be found at the link below.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 11-02-2011, 05:26 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for the quick reply. My issue regarding plotting the advances/declines is now solved.

However, I now have another problem. I put in a help ticket with Kinetick to see if they have a single symbol that displays the up minus down NYSE volume, it would appear (at least for now) that their web page doesn't list this type of specific volume indicator symbol.

Until I hear from them, I would like to know if there is a way within NT to take the existing NYSE Up and Down Volume symbols and somehow have them combined into a single line on close chart where the Up volume is deducted from the Down volume.

I basically want a line on close chart that shows the difference between the up and down volume on the NYSE.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Tim

Comment

Hello,

Yes you would be able to take the NYSE Volume Up and Subtract it from the NYSE Volume Down to plot a single line which represents the difference between these two indicators using custom programming.

Please see our Help Guide article on Multi Instrument Indicators for more information:

Please let me know if you have any questions.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi I need help to get this line indicator advance / decline fucnione properly.

Tienpo kinetick real as I have connected data.

I have to modifiacr symbols in Misc, I have to modify the symbols in the code scrip?, Please kinetick symbols and exactly to where I have to change?.

Shipping the Ninja Scrip code

Thank you very much.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello optimuss,

Please refer to our conversation via the thread you started at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=59746

Comment

I've signed up for Kinetick last night for market stats only ($55).

I'm connected Rithmic, TDA, Kinetick.

I created new ^ADD2UP and other new symbols for stats.
              I chose nyse in instrument manager since they are all nyse labeled. 24/7.
              I added in Kinetick symbol mapping each one. Example TIND.Z

My 1 minute charts were blank.
              This morning my credit card was processed.
              After 9:30 open my charts are still blank. They show the correct end date (3/18),so they rolled over fine.

I created a new chart again and it's doing nothing also.

What am I missing? Or where did I go wrong?

I'll try reconnecting to Kinetick in the mean time.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello Tim,

NinjaTrader uses ^ADD for the Nyse Advancing Issues/Declining Issues. However, it uses JINT.Z as symbol map for Kinetick. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the ^ADD in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and you will see the symbol mapping for each provider.

The ^ADV is the Nyse Avances, the ^DECL is the Nyse Declines if you like to plot them as seperate lines.

The Amex and Nasdaq Advancing Issues/Declining Issues are not listed by default. You will need to create new instruments in the Instrument Manager for these instruments. You can use the Kinetick Symbol Search at the following link to search what symbol mapping needs to be used. Make sure to set 'Instrument Type' to Market Statistic when searching.

Instructions to add new instruments in the Instrument Manager can be found at the link below.
              http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...e_database.htm

Comment

Depending on your connection order, it could be that the Index data is attempting to come from TDA since they technically provide that asset class (although do no provide data for that symbol). The preferred symbol source is not instrument sensitive-> it is all or nothing. This means if you connect to TDA and then Kinetick, index symbols which are not supported by TDA will not be backfilled by Kinetick... you need to connect to Kinetick first and then TDA to get this data.

Please try again connected to Kinetick-> Then TDA and let us know if there is an issue.

Comment

I guess I'm out $55.
                  I think I have ^adv mapped to $issu for tda. I had to write my own data recorder since NT will not store it for market replay even though it had last values.

I guess I can try making that tda adv $issu mapping adv2 instead, but as your saying its all or nothing, or sounds like I can't do this and I'm out $55

Comment

I'm sorry to say but you cannot obtain index data from two sources at the same time. I apologize if this was not made clear when you signed up.

Is there some reason you cannot use Kinetick for all your Index data?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                      I'm sorry to say but you cannot obtain index data from two sources at the same time. I apologize if this was not made clear when you signed up.

Tda $issu encoding of advance/decline doesn't match their think or swim platform. I have no way to record ToS advance /decline for testing. Spreadsheet analysis shows ToS is worse for my system. But I have no way to market replay ToS advance/decline, as far as I know I can't write the data to a file in thinkscript for consumption in NT. I suspect Kinetick will match ToS and not TDA connection advance /declines. Hence I wanted to record and market replay.

If I give up TDA connection I won't have data recorded to market replay my system. So I'm in a pickle.

I have an idea I'll need to test this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post

Hi NT_Matthew,

I waited for the weekend to try a Kinetick only connection.

Do you know if Kinetick offers 180 days of historical data for Market Statistics?

I'm not sure if Market Statistics falls under their advertisement:

Extensive Historical Data
                        Access up to 180 days of tick data, two years of intraday minute data and ten plus years of daily data.

Over 500 Market Statistics
                        Get over five hundred market statistics and breadth indicators such as TICK and TRIN many which update every second! Most competitors update at intervals of five seconds or more making it harder to get an instant read on the direction of the market.

As my previous example, I have this mapped TIND.Z... I am ONLY connected to Kinetick, and my 1 minute chart of load 5 days is blank. I have also restarted NT in trying to get something up.

I even tried EOD-Free, and load up a daily chart. Nothing.

SYMBOL DESCRIPTION EXCHANGE INSTRUMENT TYPE
                        TIND.Z NYSE ISSUES TICKS DOWN DEFAULT MKTSTATS

Comment

Yes, the 180 days of tick day would be for market statistics as well. I've attached a screenshot of the TIND.Z symbol I mapped this morning and downloaded data to 9/14/2014, which would be the 180 calendar days offered.

I've also attached two screen shot of the symbol settings I used. Please double check you have these as per the attachment and try again with only connecting to Kinetick. If you still experience issues, please email us at [email protected] and include your Kinetick ID so we can look into this further.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Just to follow up -

I connected to only Kinetick, and created my chart which showed up as 'blank'.

I did the 'reload all historical data', and it loads in. (It appears on each chart I make I have to do this?).

This should be good enough for my investigations/testing.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Jon17
                            by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM