Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMA trigger

Hi,
    I have the free version of Ninja and my question is if the full version with ATM strategies allows a simple setup as following;

A chart with,
    1) EMA(n)
    2) SMA (n) based on RSI(n) in an own panel

When price hits EMA(n) then buy
    stopLoss ntick
    takeProfit ntick
    Move stopLoss to breakEven after +nticks

I will only pull the trigger if RSI SMA (n) is rising, maybe Ninja also allows to put this parameter into the strategy?

I can do this manually but when price moves fast then hit EMA (n) it´s more like Counter Strike and I have never get any success with that…

Regards
    G

Gollum,

Yes. All of this would be possible by constructing your own automated strategy.

Please find a link to some tutorials on constructing strategies here : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...strategies.htm

We also have great webinars on strategy development, the next one is tentatively scheduled for November 15th, and 5:30 pm. Please find a link to the webinar schedule below.

Watch daily livestreams to learn how to trade futures. Tune in as NinjaTrader experts provide futures market analysis and trading tips. Join us today!

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks

Thank you AdamP for the fast answer, I will try the full version then, but I´m sure there is a lot of work to be done before this simple strategy is working. With little help from forum and tutorials I may succeed.

Regards
      G

Comment

Hi!
        Back again, now with the full version of NT.
        Need some help with this. If the market conditions are right, I will manually put in a limit order using the chart trader. Now I will use the NT to manage my setup further. The trigger for taking a position is if the price hits an EMA(n) and the RSI (n) is rising/falling. NT have to move my limit order while the market moves.
        Someone who can give me a hint to do this via condition builder or some other way….?

Regards
        G

Comment

Hello Gollum,

It is not possible to manually place an order and have the rest managed by an automated strategy.

If you want NT to manage your setup based on indicator values, you would need to program the entry limit order as well.

In addition a Dynamic stop loss like you are describing would not be possible from the Condition Builder and would need to be programmed manually.

Please see our Reference Sample on Modifying the price of stop loss and profit target orders for an example of how you would modify your stop:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Ok, thanks Matthew.
            Maybe the only way is to load a script when the subjective conditions for the setup are correct.

Regards
            G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM