Sessions on charts incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sessions on charts incorrect

I have several charts. I created my own session times for TF but I am using the CME US Index Futures ETF for ES, NQ and YM.

My TF charts are fine but my ES, NQ and YM charts are not. They show the day ending at 9:58 yesterday and starting at 9:00 today.

I deleted the charts, repaired the DB, reset the DB, rebuilt the charts, stopped NT7, restarted NT7. No change.

What do I need to do to get valid charts for ES, NQ and YM?

Hi BobTN,

Thanks for the post. I'm not sure what would explain this unless your computer date / time was not set correctly. Can you please check this and let us know.

Your data provider.
    What interval chart?
    Using December contracts?
    Verify that CME US Index Futures ETH is applied?
    Any changes made from the default settings for this session template? Can check this using Tools > Session manager
    Your local time zone.
    Windows OS (There are critical time zone updates needed for XP).
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your data provider. - Zen-Fire through Mirus Futures

What interval chart? All tick charts specifically 233, 610 and 987

Using December contracts? ES 12-11, NQ 12-11, YM 12-11

Verify that CME US Index Futures ETH is applied? How do I do this? On all the days except yesterday and today the session ends at 15:15 and starts at 15:30.

Any changes made from the default settings for this session template? Can check this using Tools > Session manager - No changes. I even created a duplicate and verified the times but i didn't change anything.

Your local time zone. - CDT

Windows OS (There are critical time zone updates needed for XP).[/QUOTE] Windows 7 all current maintenance applied.

Comment

Tick charts may not be the best to evaluate start / end times as it will depend on if there were enough actual trades to construct a bar near the end time.

You can check which session template is applied to a given chart using the Right Click > Data Series screen.

Have you reloaded historical data? Right click on chart > Reload historical data.

Please set your chart to 1 minute. If start /end times don't match the session template, can you attach a screenshot of one of these charts. Can right click > Image > Save as

Comment

Reload historical data fixed it

Comment

Great to hear. Thank you for following up with us, BobTN. Have a nice day!

Comment

Turns out it didn't really fix it. For some reason I get a single bar from the time I exit NT until the next time I start NT. For example today I stopped NT at 10am and then started it at 14:00. I had 1 big bar that had all the ticks from 10:00 until 14:00. I did a reload historical data and it fixed it but why do I have to do the reload every time I start NT?

Comment

If it's only seen on real time data, it could be indicative of time/time zone issue. Please check your computer's settings for both of these that they are set accurately.

It may be best to get one of us on remote support the next time you see it, so that we can check what's happening on your computer.

Please send a note to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com the next time you see it and we can schedule a call with remote assistance. Include a link to this thread.

Comment

My clock time and date agree with the atomic clock on my wall. That is not the problem.

I will email you the next time this happens and not reload the charts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post wzgy0920  
                  Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post wzgy0920