Allow more keys for shortcuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow more keys for shortcuts

Currently there are certain keys that are not allowed to be used as shortcuts in the Hotkeys manager. For example, I would like to assign the f and v keys to decrease and increase the bar spacing on a chart.

There is a hotkey for doing this, but it won't let me simply just put a letter key in there... it insists that I combine it with ctrl, alt, or shift. I don't see why this limitation is necessary... if we really want to assign a single letter or number key to a shortcut, I think we should be allowed to do so by the software.

Can this be changed in the next version, by any chance?

Hi JS999,

Sorry for the late reply here. A modifier is needed because instrument changes currently use the letters on your keyboard. There would be no way to distinguish that you want to type F for FORD or F for bar spacing.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hi JS999,

Sorry for the late reply here. A modifier is needed because instrument changes currently use the letters on your keyboard. There would be no way to distinguish that you want to type F for FORD or F for bar spacing.
      Thanks... just wondering if it might be possible to put a flag in the Options dialog somewhere, which disabled this feature. Not all of us want to type the instrument name into a chart window, some just prefer to set up a default list. If you had a flag like this, it would allow us to use the standard keys as hotkeys, which would be useful. Is this possible to add as a suggestion?

Comment

I understand you would like to see this as an option, but the reserved keys are important for charts. A lot of key combinations are allowed in the hot key manager but instrument changes though the keyboard is not something we will offer an option to toggle off.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

JS....how about an X Keys Pro key pad...(or something similar)...

P.I. Engineering designs, manufactures, sells, and supports computer input hardware including X-keys keyboards, controls, and adapters. With hundreds of thousands of our devices in studios, laboratories, offices, and homes world wide, we have established a reputation as a global leader in input solutions.

Screen shots below...

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
          12 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DrakeiJosh  
          Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
          3 responses