Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drawtext

Hello,

sorry this question maybe but I can´t plot a text like a dot or rectangle above/below a bar (eg like "My dot" + CurrentBar, true, 0, Low[0] - 6 * TickSize, Color.Red), I only can draw it bottom right or center.... as position in the window.

How can I plot a text like a dot right above a bar where a condition is true?

Thanks
    Tony

Hi Tony,

What is the complete code snippet you are using to try to achieve this?
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thanks for your reply. I found your answer in a thread and now I can plot it at the bar. But I tried to find how to change font and size and in your help guide for NT6.5 and NT7 there is always only DrawText("tag1", "Text to draw", 10, 1000, Color.Black);

and there´s no example how to use drawtext when one needs all parameters.

Thanks
      Tony

Comment

You can see here for all the method signatures for DrawText.

Here is an example with the advanced one:
        Code:
        DrawText("my tag", true, "my text", 0, High[0], 0, Color.Blue, new Font ("Arial", 12), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Black, Color.White, 0);

Comment

Thank you for your reply and the example (but in your link to the help guide there is only DrawText("tag1", "Text to draw", 10, 1000, Color.Black); as I copied from there in my thread)

When I do backtesting now to find out which entry refers to which variables and conditions I see that the drawtext is only in my backtesting chart plotted at the last entry where the condition was true but not the entries before. Why?

Thanks
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          You can see here for all the method signatures for DrawText.

Here is an example with the advanced one:
          Code:
          DrawText("my tag", true, "my text", 0, High[0], 0, Color.Blue, new Font ("Arial", 12), StringAlignment.Center, Color.Black, Color.White, 0);

Comment

(but in your link to the help guide there is only DrawText("tag1", "Text to draw", 10, 1000, Color.Black)
            The help guide has all available method signatures and 1 example so I included an example of the advanced one for you. You can also use intellisense to show every method signature, and the parameter type expected with each field.

Your draw statements tag is not unique so it will be replaced every time. To allow for unique per bar drawings, add + CurrentBar to the tag.

Comment

Thank you for the information with intellisense - after months with NT I didn´t know this.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
              The help guide has all available method signatures and 1 example so I included an example of the advanced one for you. You can also use intellisense to show every method signature, and the parameter type expected with each field.

Your draw statements tag is not unique so it will be replaced every time. To allow for unique per bar drawings, add + CurrentBar to the tag.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
              16 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leafcutter  
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post WHICKED