Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds

Hi,

The audio files played in my DOM for my sim account vs. my live account are different. Does that make sense? I know where the sound files for the sim DOM are located, but I don't know where at least one of the sounds being played by my live DOM (specifically, "Order Canceled") is coming from. In fact, I've unchecked Order Canceled from playing at all so I'm not sure why it's playing on the live account.

thanks in advance.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

All sound files will be same when trading live or in simulation. Do you happen to have another platform open such as TWS that is triggering the audio when an order is filled.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,

You're right - the sounds only begun after my installation of TWS and MCDT, but I've now removed TWS. And MCDT is not open. And I can't identify any process or service that appears to be either of them, and yet still those sounds persist. Any idea what I can do to get them to stop? I've already restarted Ninja and even the computer. Is it possible those other applications did anything to interrupt or confuse whatever process Ninja goes through in generating sounds?

Thanks,
      biegea

Comment

Hello,

With TWS and MCDT shut down, do you still hear different sounds for sim vs live orders?

What does this new sound like?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

yes. The "other" sounds don't occur for sim. Only for live trades.

Entering an order for live cash in Ninja gives a generic windows ding. Canceling an order in live cash in Ninja gives a mechanical guy's voice saying "Order canceled." Neither of these actions trigger these sounds in Ninja sim. Both of these sounds are consistent with the behavior of the MCDT Dom, but as I mentioned, that software is not even running now. It's quite strange!

Comment

Quite strange indeed -

Are you sure there are no other MCDT processes running that might be open and generating these sounds? NT calls the same sound files and there is no control over live vs sim. In addition, neither of the sounds you described are NT system sounds.

It is likley that there is some other process running which is alerting you when a trade has been made to your live broker account.

If you have not yet, I would suggest restarting your PC in order to clear any processes out of memory. Once restarted, please make sure to open only NinjaTrader and test again.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

As far as I know, no MCDT process is running, but I agree -- the only thing that even remotely would make sense is that perhaps one is. Any other ideas are appreciated. I've also reached out to MC.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
              17 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH