Can't Stop The Music -- Alerts Won't Go Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Stop The Music -- Alerts Won't Go Away

I tried programming some alerts into one of my indicators, but they sounded on every bar instead of just the ones I specified. The code looked right to me but since I couldn't figure out the problem I removed the code from the indicator. Despite that, the alerts are still firing a sound after every bar is complete.

No idea how to get rid of this. Please help

Srgtroy, did you compile your changes into the assembly used at runtime by pressing F5 in the editor after your code modifications? Then please apply the indicator fresh and check if the sounds would still fire.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This issue is still plaguing me. I did compile the changes. Nothing I do seems to stop the alert which fires after every bar is complete. I currently have to mute my computer and basically am unable to use alerts.

Comment

Srgtroy, you'll have to look at the code for each of the indicators on your chart to see which ones have the alerts playing. From there, comment out the lines of code that play the alert and start adding them back in one by one until you find where the error is. I would also recommend using Print() to send debug output to the Output Window (Tools -> Output Window) before using audio alerts - mass amounts of text is much easier to deal with than mass amounts of sound.

Code:
        Print("some output has just been sent to the output window");
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Srgtroy View Post
          This issue is still plaguing me. I did compile the changes. Nothing I do seems to stop the alert which fires after every bar is complete. I currently have to mute my computer and basically am unable to use alerts.

Hi Srgtroy,

I have seen this before.

Did you save the earlier version in a template? Templates do not update when indicators contained in them are updated. As long as the two version of the indicator had the same name, the template still loads the old code. Remove indicator from chart then add it back, then re-save template.

RJay
          RJay
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM