Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Account Performance Trades (date assignment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Performance Trades (date assignment)

Hello, I am trading the ES.
    When I enter a trade after the close during evening hours, the trade may show up on both todays date, and tomorrows date depending on how the trade closes. For instance, if I open 4 contracts, and three of those contracts close out later that evening before midnight, and one of the contracts closes after midnight, then the three contracts that close out before midnight will show up at the end of todays trades, and all four of the contracts will show up at the begining of tomorrows trades.
    Ideally, in my opinion, trades should stay with the session that they are exited from. So when I enter and exit a trade after 3:15, it should show up on tomorrows trades only. But no matter how the trades are assigned to a date, it doesn't seem that the trades should show up on both todays and tomorrows trade list. Can you explain?
    Thanks.

Hello,

The account performance will pull the date the order was exited, not the session.

To explain the results you are seeing, please review our Help Guide topic on this subject:

NinjaTrader generates reports from the last time you were flat. If a particular instrument was already in the middle of a position at the beginning of the From date, NinjaTrader will report all trades prior to this date up to the point where the position was flat. This will ensure you have a complete picture in terms of your performance on any specific date instead of "jumping" into the middle of a position which may cause inaccurate overall performance.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rmance_tab.htm

If the 4 contracts were entered as a grouped ATM strategy, you can change how each contract is reported by unchecking 'group trade by ATM strategy'.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes