Intraday charts not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intraday charts not updating

I'm somewhat new to NinjaTrader (currently on 64-bit version 7.0.1000.7), and am just using a free data provider (yahoo... because I can't get it to connect to IB - which appears to be a known issue). In any case, the problem I'm running into is that intraday charts (e.g. 1 minute, 15-minute, etc.) don't appear to contain any data (e.g. shows an empty chart). If I switch to daily, I have my chart history and indicators up, but not with updated intraday data for today (just yesterday's closing data). If I leave one of the 1-minute charts up, it will start populating forward with data (e.g. if I leave it open from 10am - 4pm it will have data from 10am - 4pm), but what I'm really looking for/expecting is intraday data up to the present.

So is my problem the result of using Yahoo Finance as the data feed? Since I can't connect to IB for this data, are there any better "free" data providers? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Hello wmiguy,

Welcome to the Forums!

The Yahoo account connection will only provide daily data and not intra-day data.

However, I would like to assist with your IB connection.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About

What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About

With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 917.
    If you are not using TWS 917, please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 917 via the following link:

Once TWS 917 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post kulwinder73