• Show
Clear All

problem renko enabling strategy

Hello,

I´m doing well with my strategies in NT but when I add

AddRenko("EURUSD", 25, MarketDataType.Last); //7 timeframe
    && Closes[7][1] > Opens[7][1]
    && Closes[7][0] < Opens[7][0])

and I do enabling the strategy eg in a 70 Range chart (tenthpip of course) then it is immediately unchecked by NT. This doesn´t occur when I do same strategy without addrenko and with && Close[1] > Open[1] && Close[0] < Open[0])

Both I add the strategies in the chart and then enable in the chart or in the strategy-tab, no matter both ways this occurs.

When I check/enable again then it remains checked in the strategy tab but in the chart where I have added the strategy that runs as primary dataseries (the 70range) I can not see my colors I made for debugging (background colors, and there are no ninjascript-trades dashed lines)

What might be the reason - on my end? (I do the strategies with range-bars, minute-bars... without problem)

Thanks
    Tony

TonyNT,

I am happy to assist you.

Perhaps try adding : if(CurrentBars[0] < BarsRequired || CurrentBars[1] < BarsRequired)return; to OnBarUpdate()

Also, please check your "Log" tab in the control center when this issue occurs and report any error messages.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. In the log file I found that the reason was the "$", its "$EURUSD".

But when I run now the strategy in the chart then I can only see my colors for debugging (background color, dots, triangles...) but I can not see the NT-script-profitable-unprofitable-dashed-lines of the strategy. Why? As the trades are done in the primary-dataseries-chart and the strategy is enabled there. How can this be solved? By adding the other dataseries - and coloring transparent? Or will this not work or causing some problems in the live-trading? Is there any other solution?

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      TonyNT,

Perhaps try adding : if(CurrentBars[0] < BarsRequired || CurrentBars[1] < BarsRequired)return; to OnBarUpdate()

Also, please check your "Log" tab in the control center when this issue occurs and report any error messages.

Last edited by tonynt; 11-09-2011, 04:01 PM. Reason: typing error

Comment

tonynt,

Here is a helpful reference sample on plotting from within a strategy : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=6651

You can use :

Add(new Plot(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Black), PlotStyle.HLine, "SeriesName"));

For horizontal lines, or PlotStyle.Line for a line that can change.

Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo
        by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses