Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I set up a multi-timeframe chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I set up a multi-timeframe chart?

Is there instructions I can refer to?

Regards

Kay Wai

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

I have provided a link below that goes over working with multiple data series within NinjaTrader 7.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dont know if this is best place to ask this, but I am having trouble running multitime frames. My code does not use any indicators and what I tried does not work. I merely want to place an order once a certain price has been exceeded and then reverses on any bar from, let's say, 20-29 min. Any help would be appreciated.
      Last edited by shortstar; 11-13-2011, 11:18 PM. Reason: syntax

Comment

Originally posted by shortstar View Post
        Dont know if this is best place to ask this, but I am having trouble running multitime frames. My code does not use any indicators and what I tried does not work. I merely want to place an order once a certain price has been exceeded and then reverses on any bar from, let's say, 20-29 min. Any help would be appreciated.

This is possible but would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

For getting started with programming, check out the following links

NinjaScript Educational Resources:

The strategy wizard is a great place to start

And our forum samples at

And tips at

Comment

Hi Christopher_J,

I managed to get a multi timeframe chart to plot. I'm now having issues adding custom indicators to all the timeframes. They only plot on the primary timeframe. Could you please assist?

Kay Wai

Comment

Within the Indicator parameters window left mouse click on the ... button in the Input series window then select the instrument you would like the indicator calculated off of. Also within your Indicator parameters window select the Panel you would like the indicator plotted.

I have provided a link below to our NinjaTrader 7 Help Guide that goes over Working with Indicators.

Comment

Hi Christopher_J,

Please see attached screenshot.

To get the indicators on to the secondary timeframes, I left-clicked on the input series after selecting the indicator. What I am unclear about is why do I have to choose between Open, High, Low, Close, Median, Typical and Weighted before the indicator will plot? What happens if my indicator does not use those inputs?

Regards

Kay Wai
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

If your indicator does not use these inputs then no worries. It wont use the input you feed into it. Simply just pick one to initialize it with some data that you may or may not use in your indicator.

-Brett

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                    This is possible but would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

For getting started with programming, check out the following links

NinjaScript Educational Resources:

The strategy wizard is a great place to start

And our forum samples at

And tips at
                    http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...splay.php?f=31
                    Got a multiseries Renko bar strategy working now but need to "normalize" it before it starts. I want my bars to start building (before it starts at 8:30) at a specific price-let's say 50 plus or minus some increment of my choosing . And now to add another layer of complexity, it would need to reset every morning before trading even if was still active holding a position overnight. Can "startY" or is it "StartY"? be used and if so, where can I get more info on its use?? Thanks

Comment

Hello,

You would have to a session template that covers the entire section that you want. You would not be able to exclude some data from the bar formations unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                        Hello,

You would have to a session template that covers the entire section that you want. You would not be able to exclude some data from the bar formations unfortunately.
                        I'm quite familiar with session templates but when using renko bars, time is of little importance-price becomes king. So why can't I start building a bar at a particular price instead of a particular time?? I'm pretty sure I can but need some tips/clues as to how to start.

Comment

shortstar, that would unfortunately not be supported by us, but you can look into custom coding a bars type here for this task. They would be stored in the bin > custom > type folder.
                          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post GLFX005
                          by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM