Tradestation to CQG via NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tradestation to CQG via NT7

Hi, i currently have a live license for a single broker which is Interactive Brokers.

my setup is

Tradestation 9.x sending email orders via NT7 to Interactive Brokers TWS 917.8

This email interface has worked well so far except this week there are signals which are being generated by TS which are not being received by NT7 which is strange because nothing has changed in the setup or settings. but anyway ive emailed support and am supposed to email them the NT7 log.

my main question is can i connect to one of the CQG platforms like CQG Trader which will be provided by a broker that offers CQG? the setup will be TS sending emails via the [email protected] smtp localhost email interface method through NT7 and executing the order on the CQG platform instantly as ive been doing so far on IB TWS 917.8.

ive seen the help guide section but it seems very brief and doesnt explain the symbol mapping for CQG.

the other alternative platform offered by the broker is Patsystems. so which Patsystems platforms does NT7 connect to? i think they offer J-Trader, will that connect?

if so what will their respective data feeds be for symbol mapping purposes and where is the symbol mapping info for both CQG and Patsystems?

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

IB is unique that we connect through IB's TWS. All the other connections you specified are direct connections in NinjaTrader that require no other application installed. NT will connect direct via patsystems or CQG to your broker of choice. Make sure that when you set this up with your broker that they support connectivity by NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

As far as the email issue that is best diagnosed via email with the log and traces that you sent in.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply. However i dont understand what you mean by "connect directly via Patsystems or CQG". please explain the difference in the way NT7 connects to IB TWS in my current setup compared to NT7 connecting "directly" to CQG or Patsystems platforms provided by the broker.

IB is unique that we connect through IB's TWS. All the other connections you specified are direct connections in NinjaTrader that require no other application installed. NT will connect direct via patsystems or CQG to your broker of choice. Make sure that when you set this up with your broker that they support connectivity by NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi viloscohaagen,

This means that the connection to IB requires a separate application: TraderWorkStation. In the case of Patsystems and CQG, this communication layer is built directly into NinjaTrader, so it does not require a separate application like TraderWorkStation.
          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

so basically NT7 will be receiving the real time data feed that would normally be displayed by the CQG platform? and when TS has an order filled and instantly emails via [email protected], it will instantly execute the order on NT7 and ultimately in the brokerage account which provides the CQG platform/data feed? so just to confirm the flow of the order signal/email is TS --> NT7 (running CQG real time data feed). so basically NT7 is replacing the CQG platform interface? do you know if ADM ISI work with Ninja Trader in this way via CQG or Patsystems as they are the brokerage i need to connect to somehow using the email interface from TS via NT7 to ADM.

Comment

Hello,

Your understanding is correct.

However on the ADM ISI question, I'm not familiar with this can you clarify?

Comment

ADM are a brokerage firm like mfglobal etc. they offer the CQG and Patsystems platforms, so would that mean they should in theory connect with NT in the way described in the previous post based on the assumption that all brokers who offer CQG or Patsystems should be compatible with NT7?

Comment

Hello,

Always a good idea to check with your broker, they will let you know if possible. As you do need some special setup to allow NT connect with these connections. With patsystems, this can be done on their backend and you can always have the broker contact us or we can contact them with the information they need.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                  Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes