not able to connect to IB TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not able to connect to IB TWS

I have TWS installed and opened, buy when connecting through NT7 control center, it always pop up a window to ask me to log in into a new TWS session, and nothing happened after that.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #.

TWS 918 has an identified issue which does not allow NinjaTrader to connect.
    With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 917. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 917 via the following link:

Once TWS 917 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT7 goes into a loop trying to connect to TWS 920!!!!

NT7 goes into a loop trying to connect to TWS 920!!!!

I emailed support no response.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #.

TWS 918 has an identified issue which does not allow NinjaTrader to connect.
      With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 917. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 917 via the following link:

Once TWS 917 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

If no response from email into support it means your email did not make it or our response is in your junk folder. Did you get a ticket number response back on the auto responder? If so what is the ticket number so I can check it for you.

As far as your issue, NinjaTrader only supports connectivity to TWS 917. Please uninstall 920 and install this version in the link below.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I too have the same problem and only searched for this issue after I had re-set up my trading platform and Charts. I am reluctant to downgrade to 917 as currently, I only use NT for EOD analysis for Intraday movements.

Is it possible for Kinetic or one of your other data providers to supply intraday data but at the End Of the Day till this issue with IB is resolved?

Comment

Hello Wychy,

Unfortunately, that alternative is not something which is currently possible but I will forward the suggestion on.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes