Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Trade Markers

Hi,

For about half of my executions, my trade entry and exit markers appear on the chart as desired and expected -- arrows pointing to the right for trade initiation, and arrows pointed to the left for trade exits.

For the other half, regardless of whether they are entries or exits, the execution will show two arrows on the same bar at the same price -- one pointing to the right and one pointing to the left. So if I initiate a short, I see both arrows at the point of entry. If I then later close the trade, I see another 2 arrows at the point of exit.

This issue began occurring within the last couple of weeks or so but never occurred in the weeks prior.

Thanks in advance,
    biegea

Hello biegea,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Do you recall any changes taking place, either with NinjaTrader or with the PC, since things last functioned correctly?

Also, are we speaking of executions in the Sim101 account or a brokerage account?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The only difference was that I had begun trading live in addition to sim. The issue now occurs about half the time in both sim as well as live brokerage.

Comment

Hello biegea,

Thanks for clarifying.

Can you think of any obvious differences between the occasions when this does and does not take place? Are you, for instance using ATM strategies with some but not all orders?

Comment

Nope. If I could have, I would have brought it up. I always use an ATM, and even if I didn't, I can't imagine why I'd have the issue on the trade entry when I'm going from flat to entering a position.

Comment

Hello biegea,

Do you have a specific example of this which I could take a look at?

If so, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) The order ID(s) of any orders which would be part of the example. You'll find that information in the Executions tab of the Control Center, under a column named 'Order ID'.

3.) A copy of today's log file:
            You will find the log in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
            The file I need would be named 'log.20111115.txt'.

4.) A copy of today's trace file.
            You will find this file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
            The file would be named 'trace.20111115.txt'.

Comment

Thanks, Kyle. I recently restarted Ninja and a strange thing happened. Even though my sim account had shown as flat before the restart, it showed me as long 1 after the restart. Not sure what that was all about, but since closing that open position, I have not had the weird marker issue. If I start noticing it again, I will send you the info requested via email.

Comment

biegea,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you see any behavior that you would not expect.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post f.saeidi  
                Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
                1 response
                0 likes