Text box justification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text box justification

Can I set the text box on the chart to left justify the text instead of centering it?

Thanks

Hello adamus,

Unfortunately this is not supported. The text of the Text drawing object will be centered as per the location you click in the chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

More on text boxes.

I've attached a screen shot showing the text box with the font set to size 6.

You can see that the bottom margin is too big. Also the top margin is too small, but I corrected for that by placing a single '.' on the first line.

At font size 8 it is fine.

Can you get your interface developers to fix that? Screen resources are a priority for me!
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you please tell me what font type you are using. I can reproduce it using Tahoma with size set to 8. But I cannot reproduce it when using Arial with size 8.

Comment

Arial regular. I'm using Win7 with default view settings (medium) @1920 x 1080.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying. I will forward your feedback to size Text objects consistently, so like the way you experience it when size is set to 8 with Arial.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello adamus,

Unfortunately this is not supported. The text of the Text drawing object will be centered as per the location you click in the chart.
              I'm really struggling with this. I have a large text box with a lot of text in it, with bar-by-bar commentary and it looks rubbish the way it is, centered. I really need to justify it to the left. I keep these charts and refer to them later and as it is, the presentation is poor and it is hard to read.

The only way I can think of doing this is to print the chart without the text to an image, and then to open the image in an editor and to paste in the text in a text box justified left as desired.

Is there a less cumbersome way?

Comment

Hello adamus,

Perhaps use multiple Text objects (one for each line) in a chart and subsequently position the objects so the text is justified to the left, however I do not think this is less cumbersome than your workaround.

Unfortunately I do not see any other ways to have the text justified to the left.

Comment

OK, I might try that.

If I didn't ask already, can you put this in as an enhancement request?

Comment

Sure, I will forward the suggestion to justify text to the left for Text objects as well.

Comment

I have another related request.

Can you put forward the suggestion that the user can insert an image on to the chart?

I mean a jpg file. I often want to have a little chart insert on the chart for presentation purposes so that I can show the higher time frame chart at almost a thumbnail size. I would just save the daily chart as a jpg and then insert it into the chart alongside my other chart mark-up.

I currently have to do this in an external program which is a time consuming extra step for me.

Thanks

Comment

Hi adamus,

I'll forward that request on right now - thanks for this feedback!
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

just got another NT8 enhancement request to do with text boxes on charts....

what I'm doing right now is using different colours for text boxes to so I can put them closer together without affecting the readability.

See the screenshot.

All the font settings are in an extra dialog though so it takes two extra clicks every time.

The arrows and lines and other chart mark-up are all much easier with the colour dropdown on the first dialog.

What chance of incorporating the font properties onto the first dialog?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello adamus,

Thank you for your suggestion to incorporate the controls from the font settings dialogue window in the Text properties window for the Text drawing tool.

I am forwarding this suggestion to our development team to consider for inclusion in future releases of NinjaTrader.
                            Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                            14 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post martin70  
                            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes