In Flight Executions Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Flight Executions Display

Re in flight executions.....In your help section it issuggests ....."it is always prudent to check the Control Center'sPositions TabandOrders Tabto ensure that all orders were canceled and positions flattened. To avoid these situations you should be cautious of using the "Close Position" function when you have orders that are working within a few ticks of the inside market."

Are in flight executions also displayed in the Basic Entry window?

Would it make any sense (or be difficult) to have a small window in the bottom of the Dome to alert one to active In Flight Executions,in order to alert one to check the Positions and Orders tabs for these unwanted fills?

Thanks !

imported post

Yes, they will be displayed as your current position size. It would be nice to have some sort of alert mechanism but the logic can easily get quite complex. It is something I have thought about and continue thinking about.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

My thought is this....once you have committed to flatten all or close all...then there should be no live positions remaining (right ?)....but if there is an in flight execution triggered (perhaps known by a monitored live account balance (??)) then there could be just a very small window at the bottom of the dome to alert you (say it might turn red and blink with sound) that you still have some live positions going....and so you should go check it out ASAP at the positions & orders tabs.

Seems like an easypossibility to me...but then....I'm not a programmer.....

Thanks !!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes