Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

script-atm-exit handling

Hello,

when there is a trade with eg 3 lots entered by calling a chart-trader-ATM from a NT-script-strategy can the exits of these positions be handled within the strategy like the entries would have been realized with NT-script? In the helpguide there is only the exit with unrealizedprofitloss but not with ticks or variables. Can the exit only be done with Target from ATM-chart-trader or also be handled like in a script eg
    if (GetCurrentAsk(0) < Position.AvgPrice - 80 * TickSize)
    ExitShort(1000, "SX2","S2");"

Thanks
    Tony

tonynt,

Could you please clarify what you mean? Are you wanting to monitor stop losses, etc. outside of the ATM strategy code?

You can use the following methods for handling orders within an ATM strategy.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Adam,

in a NT-script-strat I do an entry with 3 lots from Chart-Trader-ATM. This is because I want to move the stops in my script-strat during the trade (beside my conditions there- if necessary). And I do not work with profit-targets as OCO.

In my script-strats I do my exits as I have mentioned above eg for my 2nd short lot with "if (GetCurrentAsk(0) < Position.AvgPrice - 130 * TickSize)
      ExitShort(1000, "SX2","S2");"

How can one do in the script-strat the exit of the 3 positions coming from ATM-chart-trader please? (There are no profit-targets for the positions as I never want to have a bracket on brokers-server after internet outage August, 2010 and I do the "targets" as mentioned above. So how can I do this when the entries are not coming from the script but from ATM-chart-trader)

I hope I could explain now better.

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      tonynt,

Could you please clarify what you mean? Are you wanting to monitor stop losses, etc. outside of the ATM strategy code?

You can use the following methods for handling orders within an ATM strategy.

Last edited by tonynt; 11-16-2011, 04:25 PM. Reason: typing error

Comment

tonynt,

You can use the AtmStrategyClose() method along with the AtmStrategyRealizedProfitLoss() method to exit your trades at predefined levels.

PNL : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...edprofitlo.htm

Close Strategy : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ategyclose.htm

Comment

Adam,

this works with PL but not with variables, no? But if I do it this way and calculating the PL how can I refer to each of the 3 positons?

Thanks
          Tony

tonynt,

You can use the AtmStrategyClose() method along with the AtmStrategyRealizedProfitLoss() method to exit your trades at predefined levels.

PNL : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...edprofitlo.htm

Close Strategy : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ategyclose.htm

Comment

TonyNT,

For that you would need to use AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget()

For more information, please see the following : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stoptarget.htm

Comment

Adam,

of course I can use STOP. But there is no TARGET (because no target is defined in the ATM-Charttrader - to avoid brackets on brokers server). Or do you mean "TARGET2" is linked per default with "STOP2" maybe?

In the meantime I did testing and I had same range-size a script with "direct entry" and a script with "entry from chart-trader-ATM. It occurs that entry by the strategy working with charttrader is sometime only next bar. Can this occur - time delay?

Thanks
              Tony

TonyNT,

For that you would need to use AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget()

For more information, please see the following : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stoptarget.htm

Comment

Tony, if you have no profit target defined that's fine, STOP2 refers to the stop value of the second target stop price.

The entry is done whenever the conditions you programmed evaluate to 'true' - with CalculateOnBarClose = true the earliest entry is the next bar. If you run the script on 'false' it can enter intrabar as well.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ender_wiggum  
                Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes