Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Alert Indicator

Hi Ninjas,

A Ninja recommended the line alert. However, it doesn't appear to work. i.e. it won't remain fixed on the chart.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Carlton

Hello Carlton,

Am I correct you refer to the Price Alert indicator? If so, it should remain on the price you entered. Can you please tell me if the issue is reproducible and if so, please tell me what steps you perform.

If you refer to a custom created indicator you downloaded from the forum, please let me know which one. I suggest to contact the creator of the indicator as well and check if you setup the indicator correctly on your end.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I spoke with your colleage Patrick asking if it were possible to change the sound with the price alert indicator. He mentioned that I would need to change the ninja code and therefore suggested using the Line Alert indicator, which I guess its easier to change the sound without changing the code. However, the line alert doesn't work the way the Price Alert works.

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying.

I downloaded and tested it on my end and you will need to draw lines using our drawing objects. These lines will trigger alerts when the market crosses the line.

It does not function the same as the Price Alert indicator where you enter a value in the Indicator menu for the line.

Comment

Jason,

I really like it. However, it only appears to work once. What I mean is, it alarms once and when I move the horizontal line to a new price it doesn't alarm ????

Comment

What setting do you use for 'ManuelReset'? Can you please set it to False and check if alerts are generated after you modify the line.

Comment

Hi Jason,

It actually is set to false. Going to try again and let you know.....

Comment

OK, its working.

Thanks Jason

Comment

Email Help

I'm using this indicator as well but i'm trying to modify it to email me when an alert is set off. Right now it's emailing me, but I have two potential issues:

1) I'd like to include the symbol name in the email. I.e. if IBM crosses my line I'd like to add IBM either to subject or body of the email. I assume there is a way to reference symbol in the code, but i'm not 100% sure how.

2) I had an alert triggered today and it (literally) sent me 500 emails. I think the way to disable this is to set "calculate on bar close" to TRUE... that way i wont get emailed on every tick... Otherwise, perhaps there's a way to specify 1 email per hour or 1 email per day?

Thanks,
                  SLyng

Comment

Thanks Slyng

Comment

Why are you thanking me? I am the one who needs help!

Anyway, if anyone knows how to add ticker symbol, that'd be great. i think have problem #2 solved. I'm happy to post my results if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by slyng View Post
                        1) I'd like to include the symbol name in the email. I.e. if IBM crosses my line I'd like to add IBM either to subject or body of the email. I assume there is a way to reference symbol in the code, but i'm not 100% sure how.
                        Instrument.MasterInstrument.Name

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...trument_na.htm

Comment

Line drawing "all charts"

NT 7 is not letting me transfer lines ,channels,onto all charts via 'all charts' feature under properties

Comment

Hello laredo78676,

Please note that the charts will need to have the exact same instrument. A drawing object applied in the ES 12-11, will not appear in the ES 09-11 chart.

Does the issue persist if you create a new workspace and make use of global drawing objects?

Could you please let me know what exact steps you perform when a drawing object is not applied in other charts.

Comment

Im getting some transfer now and will try and review to see why it was working earlier on anything.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite  
                              Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bill2023