Defining Time Intervals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defining Time Intervals

Hello, I'm new to the Strategy Analyzer. I am looking for a way to define a trade scenario that is triggered by a time interval ... for example, execute this trade every 30 minutes. How do I achieve this using the parameters in the "Conditions and Actions" section? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Thank you for your note and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

Please see this attached screenshot on how to do this. You would do this for each set tab for each time you want to submit an order. Then for the do the following section enter your order.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your note and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

Please see this attached screenshot on how to do this. You would do this for each set tab for each time you want to submit an order. Then for the do the following section enter your order.

thank you Brett ... what is the relationship between bars and the hour in the image? In this case '0' bars and "11:00 AM"? I wan to test a trade that's placed every 5 mins, then every 10 mins, then every 30 mins, etc ... each one a seperate test case. I need some help understanding how these paremeters (bars and time) can do that. Thanks again!

Comment

Hello,

Bar 0 is simply the current bars time, and the tim on the right is the time you want it to take action if it is that time.

Then you would go to each new set and add 30 minutes to the number on the right.

You want to make sure that you running this on a chart where the bar could be timestamped with this time as well. Such as a minute chart or 5 minute chart.

Comment

OK, so that I'm sure how this works ... if I want to define a strategy to submit a trade every 30 minutes during the trading hours (9:30 AM to 4:00 PM EST), how would I define that? That would be a total of 11 trades in a 6.5 hour span. Thanks for your patience with me!

By the way, is there documentation available on how to use the paremeters in the "Conditions and Actions" section?

Comment

Hello,

The set tabs above you would need to specify the time frame manually for each 11 trades would be the simplest way to set it up.

If you wanted it to automatically add 30 minutes and do it that way this would require setting up a variable and adding to that variable the time. This would require unlocking the code and custom programming.

Please see this guide for more information on the strategy wizard:

Also please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post quantismo