IQFeed and backfill speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed and backfill speed

Hi, I am using IQfeed with NT and although the backfill works I'm not impressed by the speed, if I have three charts (Daily - 360 bars, Weekly 120 bars, 15 mins 15 days) is really slow, even going through the symbols in my Market Analyzer it takes about 10 seconds to backfill the symbol.

I know is not an issue with the data feed because Amibroker and Investor RT fills almost instantaneously (using the same charts setup).

Is there anything I can do to improve the speed? Thanks in advance.

Hi tradinghumble,

Thanks for your post.

Within the NinjaTrader software, the only change that could be made is to reduce the total amount of data which is being requested. That said, you might try contacting IQ on this issue - they may have another server or something along those lines which you could be moved to for better performance.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi tradinghumble,

Thanks for your post.

Within the NinjaTrader software, the only change that could be made is to reduce the total amount of data which is being requested. That said, you might try contacting IQ on this issue - they may have another server or something along those lines which you could be moved to for better performance.
      Kyle, as I said in my post I don't think it's an IQfeed issue, the backfill is instantaneous when using other softwares such as AB or Investor RT, the only thing is that I want to use NT.

As far as amount of data, I'm only requesting 5 days of intraday data which is not much.

Comment

Hi,

It's possible that the other platforms use a different API than that of the NinjaTrader software which results in faster loading. I'm not familiar with the other applications so I cannot say. In any case - I'm afraid I don't have any other possible work-arounds for you. I do still think it's worth sending a note to IQ, however.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
        9 responses
        0 likes