Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KINETICK free data

Hello,

I'm trying to open a chart with end of day EURUSD free forex data and I cannot get it. The steps I follow are:
    1. I connect to kinetck end of day data
    2. I open instrument manager
    3. I edit the $EURUSD symbol
    4. I change base currency to euro
    5. I go to MIsc and I set EURUSD.ABBA (this is what appear on thier website) on the kinetick line

I receive the message when opening the chart: "Error on loading chart data for '$EURUSD Default': Error -105 on requesting bars"

Hello guillembm,

Thank you for your post.

The forex symbol EURUSD when mapped for Kinetick on the Misc tab of the Instrument Editor will need to be EURUSD.FXCM

May I ask what interval you are using for your chart of the EURUSD?
    Kinetick - End of Day (Free) supports daily data, so you can chart Day, Week, Month, and Yearly charts.

Please change the instrument mapping in the Instrument Editor for Kinetick to EURUSD.FXCM and ensure your chart is set to a daily interval.

Please let me know if this does the trick for you.

Comment

KINETICK free data

Doesn't work.

I attach screenshots
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello guillembm,

Thank you for your response.

From your screenshots I can see that you are connected to eSignal, then Interactive Brokers, and then Kinetick.
        I can see that there is no symbol mapping for eSignal and Interactive Brokers for the EURUSD in your screenshot.

The order in which you connect in NinjaTrader to multiple connections at once is important.
        For example, eSignal supports Equities, Futures, Forex, and Indices in NinjaTrader. Since eSignal is connected to NinjaTrader first, NinjaTrader is looking for Equities, Futures, Forex and Indices from eSignal alone and not looking to Interactive Brokers or Kinetick.
        For more information on the significance of connection order please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

If you receive Forex data from eSignal you will need to set the symbol mapping for the EURUSD in the Instrument Editor. The symbol mapping for the EURUSD for eSignal is EUR A0-FX

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

I'm not subscribed to forex with esignal but I did the change and the result is the same.

I thought that if NT doesn't receive data from a connection it switches to the next one in order or connection sequence till it receives it. So, it should search for the kinetick data.

Comment

Hello guillembm,

Thank you for your response.

When you connect to Kinetick - End of Day (Free) first are you able to receive daily data for the EURUSD by opening a Day chart of the EURUSD?

In addition, more information on multiple connections may be found at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post giulyko00  
            Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post r68cervera