Multiple time frames on same chart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple time frames on same chart.

is it possible to have two different time frames displayed on the same chart (6 range and 9 range) and have indicators for the six range chart and indicators for the nine range chart showing up at the same time? In other words, if I had to separate charts, each range chart would have its own set of indicators. I want to put both time ranges on the same chart and still allow the indicators for each chart to display on that one chart. Hopefully this is clear. Is this possible.

Thanks for your help.

EAG

Hello Ericgood,

Thank you for your post.

This is possible within NinjaTrader.

You may add a second data series to a chart by:
    • Right click on the chart
    • Select "Data series"
    • Select the instrument you wish to add and click New
    • Change the parameters for this data series on the right side of the data series window. (ex. Period Type - Range, Period Value - 6)
    • Click OK

For more information on working with multiple data series: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm

When you add the indicators to your multi-series chart (right click -> Indicators), be sure to select the desired "input series" for each indicator you add.

For more information on adding indicators: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm

Comment

Multiple time frames but only show one time frame in chart.

Is it possible to show multiple time frames but only show one time frame in chart. For example I have a 1 minute chart and a 3 minute chart for my data series and I can see both on my chart but I only want to see the one minute chart and the 3 minute to be hidden. I went to panel under visual in my data series and tried to set my my 3 minute to be in zero panel but it would not except it which I thought it would make it hidden. The reason why I want this is to place other indicators from other times frames into only one chart but I do not want to see the other candles just for that one time frame. What I am doing now is I am leaving one chart open and then reducing the size of the other chart but I can only reduce a certain amount and I can still see it. It would be nice if I can not see it so then I would have more space for my other indicators for that one chart. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Comment

hi DayTraderTed,

Thanks for writing in.

What I'd recommend is that you open the Data Series menu, move the other data series to panel 1, then set the up bar, down bar, outline and wick colors to Transparent.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes