Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Alert Indicator Alerts Once

Hello Ninjas,

I'm still having issues with the Line Alert indicator. The indicator will sometimes alert once or sometimes not at all. I know that must sound confusing. For example, when I draw an horizontal line to alert me at a certain price the indicator will work the first time and maybe the second time, but after that it won't work. The manual reset is set to false.

Do you think you could help me?

Cheers

Carlton

Hi Carlton, I'm not familiar with the indicator you cite, is that a study you programmed yourself or an addon?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Carlton,

You can always set ManualReset = true. Don't be concerned that it then shows false in the indicator parameters. It's just designed to reset the alert and then will be false until you reset again.

if (ManualReset)
      {
      ResetAlert("AlertLineCrossing");
      ManualReset = false;
      }
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 11-18-2011, 11:06 AM.
      Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bert,

Its an indicator that a Ninja called Patrick introduced me to. I also recieved some help from another Ninja yesterday called Jason on it. At the time I thought the problem had been resolved but it won't alert.

Would you like me to provide a link to the indicator?

Comment

Thanks Carlton, Ryan put me into perspective - did you check into his reply as well, he created it as courtesy for the forums and would be much more familiar with it than me.

Thanks,
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please send any feedback on LineAlert to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com, Attn: RyanM. I'm the author and not aware of any critical issues with it. If you can provide steps or a video showing any issues I'll consider making any changes for a future version. Please be aware that this indicator is not supported by NinjaTrader. It was created in my spare time, mainly as a tech demo for working with manual objects programatically.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 11-18-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I really like this indicator. There is an option in the indicator for 'Price maker'. Although the default for Price Marker is True, when I draw a horizontal line at a certain price the price doesn't appear.

Would you like to start a new thread and make it to your attention?

Cheers

Comment

Great, glad you like it. The forums aren't the best place to provide feedback on this indicator, as not everyone at NT support is familiar with it.

There is an option in the indicator for 'Price maker'. Although the default for Price Marker is True, when I draw a horizontal line at a certain price the price doesn't appear.

Would you like to start a new thread and make it to your attention?
                You already created a thread on exactly this and I already responded. For any additional feedback you have on this indicator, send to support email to my attention.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 11-18-2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                1 response
                0 likes