2 different Data Feeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 different Data Feeds?

My broker is Interactive Brokers and their data feed is slow and limits me to see only the most recent activity. I've recently discovered Kinetick which is free but only shows yesterdays data (End of day?). Is there any way to have my Ninjatrader use Kinetick for one chart and IB for another? If so, how?

kashix,

Thanks for your note.

If you connect to Kinetick first, then IB second it will use Kinetick data preferably over IB data. NinjaTrader is smart enough to download data from the correct source if it is not available from the other source. For more information, please see the following link.

Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Follow up question for this:

So if you had Yahoo! first then connected to IB, for daily data it grabs Yahoo but if the market is open will it be pulling in tick-data for IB?

Also, lets say I download 3000-days worth of IBM prices. I close down NT for the week and then I open it back up, is NT smart enough to only grab the last 5-trading days, or will it try to re-download the other 2,995 trading days as well? I.e. will it default to my database first and then and only then re-download the data?

Finally, for "Calculate on Bar close" -- if the chart is set to daily, it will only calculate the strategy/indicator once/day?

Sorry to hijack the thread, this just seemed an appropriate place to ask the question.

Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by slyng View Post
        So if you had Yahoo! first then connected to IB, for daily data it grabs Yahoo but if the market is open will it be pulling in tick-data for IB?

Also, lets say I download 3000-days worth of IBM prices. I close down NT for the week and then I open it back up, is NT smart enough to only grab the last 5-trading days, or will it try to re-download the other 2,995 trading days as well? I.e. will it default to my database first and then and only then re-download the data?

Finally, for "Calculate on Bar close" -- if the chart is set to daily, it will only calculate the strategy/indicator once/day?

Sorry to hijack the thread, this just seemed an appropriate place to ask the question.

Thx!
        Yes. The data feed will pull from yahoo first.

You can save chart data as historical by going to tools > options > data > save chart data as historical.

Yes, calculate on bar close means it calculates on the closing of the bar.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes