Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB with NinjaTrader - Only time-based backfills allowed

Hi,

I encountered this issue when I upgraded to MultiBroker license. I always thought that if your broker provided backfills, it SHOULD work for ALL chart types.

But this is not the case with NinjaTrader. I am not sure why. I have used QuoteTracker with IB backfills, it does not have this issue of only backfilling time-based charts while other chart type - Eg Range, Renko etc etc.. does not have any backfills. Which means that NT doesnt convert tick data from IB into backfills for other chart types? I am trying to understand why this is the case. I hope you can help explain.

Maybe this is something NT can look into. I am looking for any feasible solution to this issue. Without backfills on some of the intra-day charts, it is really annoying for intraday trader like me. It also means I have to subscribe to another datafeed vendorand I have to leave the computer on all the time to get the data when it is actually available through IB.

Hello futpro,

Yes, unfortunately not all supported data feeds support all types of historical data. Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

Historical tick data is not supported with IB in NinjaTrader. So any ticks based charts (renko, range, etc) will not load any historical data.

Unfortunately you mentioned the only two solutions already.
    • You can enable 'Save chart data as historical' at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and all real-time data you receive in tick charts will be saved.
    • You could connect to an additional data feed provider that supports historical tick data. As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks futpro in advance.
      Can you help with following questions:
      How do you connect QT to NT?
      Do you use IB as primary datafeed?
      I would like to use as secondary and watch stocks while I am dealing with AMP's primary feed for futures? DO you think this possible?
      Again thank you for your time

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes