Collapse

workspace auto-save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many years does it take to implement auto save options to be able to save not just workspace but chart templates etc. Please would someone at Ninjatrader have these necessary aspects of a critical part of anyone using Ninjatrader to trade on live markets! please!

Comment

Hello [email protected],

Thank you for posting this feedback.

I have made notes of these comments on the feature request that was previously submitted for the developers.

As previously stated, when a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes with further details:Feel free to reach out to us for any additional questions or inquiries regarding NinjaTrader.

Comment

"Hi, Add my vote as well... Time to time NT 8 crash and if workspace isnt saved in this case, all placed orders disappear. Best option would be set time interval even seconds if possible."

I can support this opinion VERY much. Have lost too many times all my charting, because it didnt save automaticly.
        Also the possibility to go back and reload charting I have done e.g. an hour ago might be very helpful.

Comment

hi, any update on this one?

Comment

Hello biegea,

Thank you for responding with your inquiry regarding this feature.

This feature has not yet been implemented, however as previously mentioned, when a feature request is implemented in the platform, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes with further details:Additionally, I would also like to note that NinjaTrader 8 has great recovery tools in case a workspace is lost or deleted.

You can use the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature to restore your workspace to a previous version:
            1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
            2. Select "Restore workspace"
            3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
            4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
            5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover. You'll want to select a file larger than 1kb from the available options.
            Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...storeworkspace

Alternatively, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently. Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive:
            1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item
            2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
            3. Press the "Restore" button
            4. Select the items you wish to restore
            Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...p__restore.htm

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us once more for any other NinjaTrader inquiries.

Comment

Please add my vote for a Workspace auto save feature. With Window's insistence on hitting me with random updates and arbitrary reboots it would sure be nice to have an auto save feature so I don't have to keep rebuilding all my charts and drawing items.

All inquiries to Microsoft asking for more control over updates have been ignored (grrr...!)

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
                Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

refine josch [email protected] stalinkov wsDK_II RandyT userque yinlu Jakub biegea westsider pejto arbuthnot ra1den madhusudhanps
                  hai ya~~~~~
                  Auto save for what ??

Just press a button only what!!!!

Focus on doing indicator and strategy to earn more money better.

Comment

Also want to add a vote for auto-save. While save is great...I seem to have random crashes and it loses a bunch of my manually drawn levels.

Comment

Does it really take 12 years to implement an auto-save feature for workspaces? Hire some additional devs and implement a definitive user feature request portal please. Like once a feature request gets to 1,000 votes, implement it ASAP. Give your users what they want. We love NinjaTrader, and we will keep using it as long as you implement the features we want.

Comment

Hello jorgehach3,

Thank you for writing in.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black-and-white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                        • Demand, which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                        • Feasibility
                        • Developer bandwidth
                        • Current projects in the queue
                        While our Technical Support team can definitely add a vote to this request on your behalf, we cannot offer an ETA or guarantee of fulfilment.

Should the request be implemented, you'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes at that time.
                        Release Notes:
                        ​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
                        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT Dev Team: Respectfully, you COMPLETELY IGNORED ​jorgehach3 thoughtful request-demands:
                          • Hire some additional devs
                          • implement a definitive user feature request portal
                          • once a feature request gets to 1,000 votes, implement it ASAP.
                          • Give your users what they want
                          You totally ignored his logic... which is insulting to say the least.

Dump the politics and get to work!

H Tripp Dean

--------------------------------

PS I fear that you have microsoft-style gotten yourselves into an overcomplicated quagmire, where instituting new features or making basic changes to existing features is too damned hard.
                          Last edited by TrippTraders; 09-16-2023, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post love2code2trade  
                          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post alifarahani