Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to plot upper and lower band on Moving Average?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to plot upper and lower band on Moving Average?

Is there an indicator which can plot moving average with an upper and lower band?

For example, I want to plot the 10 EMA with a zone of 10 points above and 10 points below the moving average. It can easily be done on Metatrader but not sure how to do it in Ninjatrader.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Have you looked at the MAEnvelope Indicator, to see if that is what you want?

Comment

Yes, I did look into the MAEnvelope but it only plots the band in percentage relative to the MA. I want the band to be +/- actual pips above or below the MA. So the MAEnvelope won't work.

Comment

This is possible but would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

tc,
          Here ya go, the modification from MAEnvelopes is really easy, but figured I could do it as fast as I could explain it. It's just using the built in MAEnvelopes indicator and having the offset based on ticks.

VT
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by VTtrader View Post
            tc,
            Here ya go, the modification from MAEnvelopes is really easy, but figured I could do it as fast as I could explain it. It's just using the built in MAEnvelopes indicator and having the offset based on ticks.

VT
            Thanks VT. It works perfectly. Really appreciate your help. I would expect this kind of simple indicator exist in a package like Ninjatrader.

tc

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
              This is possible but would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants
              Christopher,

This type of simple band around MA indicators are all standard features in most of the charting packages in the market like esignal, metatrader and other broker platform. I am using a trial version of NJ now and trying to decide whether to buy the license. With you answer, I really put the Ninjatrader platform in doubt.

tc

Comment

Unfortuantely we do not provide custom programming on our end however I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.

If you are interested in programming, check out the following links

NinjaScript Educational Resources:

The strategy wizard is a great place to start

And our forum samples at

And tips at

Thanks again VTtrader!
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses