Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Putting on a second trade with the same ATM strategy but not adding to old orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting on a second trade with the same ATM strategy but not adding to old orders

Hi

I'm using an ATM strategy to place 2 stops and 2 targets when my entry order is executed. This is great for my purposes since I can manage 1 lot strictly and I can be more lenient with the 2nd lot, allowing the trade to run under optimal circumstances.

Sometimes I reach a point after exiting the first lot where I want to put on another trade, i.e. another 2 lots. However instead of giving me 2 fresh stop orders and 2 new targets in addition to the current open orders, the ATM strategy combines the orders and I end up with only 2 stops and 2 targets instead of 3. One of each is for 2 lots and one for 1 lot.

Hopefully that makes sense. Is it possible for the new orders to be independent of the previous?

Thanks

Hello Adamus,

Thank you for your post.

Please right click within your Super DOM > select Properties > check the ATM strategy selection mode.
    Please advise which ATM strategy selection mode is being used.
    For more information on the ATM strategy selection modes please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ction_mode.htm

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I've got "SelectActiveATMStrategyOnOrderSubmission".

I read the help document you gave the link to. I think I understand it correctly. I have to change the selected ATM strategy before entering my second trade, from "Active ATM Strategy..." to my strategy name.

Is that correct?

Comment

Yes, you are correct.

You could also set 'ATM strategy selection mode' to KeepSelectedATMStrategyTemplateonOrderSubmission. Subsequently, the ATM strategy drop down field will automatically reselect the ATM strategy.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

got another issue with this ATM strategy.

When I want to bail out of position, I can hit "close position" but that executes both trades, changing them to market orders. This generates $2.50 commission for each.

However if I'm long for instance, I can just hit "sell" and I only get one trade and one commission - $2.50. The problem is though I then have to manually cancel the orders that are left over - all 4 of them.

Can I resolve this and get NT7 with my ATM strategy to exit the position with only 1 order?

Comment

Hello adamus,

This would be expected when the Close button is used to exit - this click will serve to modify the profit targets so that they fill immediately. That said, it's not possible to modify the Close button to operate as you outlined. I will forward that suggestion on to development, but as it stands a manual order would need to be used if you wish to place a single order to exit the position.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Guys,

is it possible to get this suggestion implemented in NT8 before you freeze new functionality?

I'm talking about what Kyle outlines in the last post - using the Close button should exit the position with only one order, reducing commissions?

Comment

Hello adamus,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward this over to development, however I cannot guarantee it's implementation into the next major release of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello adamus,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 2371.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aussugardefender  
                  Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Nyman