Delayed entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed entry

This forum is now getting so large that it is very difficult to find any specific thing. Not a criticism but a fact.

My coding ability is limited to the Wiz and a bit of fiddling but nothing serious! I have a problem to which there may not be an answer but any help would be appreciated.

I have a situation where 2 events must take place before an entry can be made. The trigger is when Indicator 1 crosses the 0 line. Entry cannot be made until (and if) Indictor 2 crosses Indicator 3. This may not occur for one or two subsequent bars or may not occur within a max number of bars in which case the action is cancelled. Can such a deferred condition be programmed?

Alternatively, entry is when Indicator 2 crosses Indicator 3 conditional on Indicator 1 having crossed 0 line within the last 2 bars?

TIA
    Karl

Hi Karl, yes the forum is always growing strongly - for your question though we have a fine reference sample available dealing with user variables / boolen flags in the wizard : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=15417

This concept would let you create your conditions seeked, as the flags would stay with the value you set for them unless you reset them when entering your desired trade.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Delayed Entry

Thanks Bertrand - regardless of the size of the forum, the responses to queries are always prompt and I can assure you, appreciated. I shall go to the suggested link right away - thank you.
      K

Comment

You're welcome Karl, thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Delayed Entry

Bertrand
          When we nominate a period of say 3 bars for an action to take place does it mean the action must take place at the close of the 3rd bar or at any time during the formation of the 3 bars? Sorry being a bit vague here but I am trying to apply a generic concept to a specific set of conditions.
          Thanks
          K

Comment

Karl, that would be hard to answer generically, for example for a CrossAbove / CrossBelow rule the lookPeriod would mean the crossover happens anywhere in the last 3 bars.

If you compare a value to a exact numbers of bars for example in the past, the condition has less tolerance of course.

Comment

Delayed Entry

Bertrand, in my line of code, can I assume that the condition is true if the EMA(8) crossed the EMA(20) at any point in time during the formation of the last 3 bars? (I use a Renko chart so time is not considered). If so, then I may have the answer to my problem.

CrossAbove(EMA(Typical,8),EMA(Typical,20), 3)

Regards
              Karl

Comment

That's correct Karl and it's just bars, so time not a component on your Renko charts. Have a good weekend.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                9 responses
                0 likes