Confused on versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused on versions

Hello. I'd like to use Ninjatrader with ActivTrades. Could you answer these though...?

- What is the difference between the free version and the 1000$ ownership?
    - Why should i subscribe to kinetic or esignal when ActiveTrades offers me free real time data on futures?

Thanks....!

Welcome to our forums here treachery. The direct edition would allow for live trading but would not have the full feature set, primarily ATM strategies, OCO orders and system development.

The lifetime license is the best investment as it would entitle you for receiving all future upgrades to the software.

Subscribing to additional datafeeds can be very helpful if you need data that your broker would not provide (market stats, indices for example) or if you would like to expand NT's capabilities by having a solid backfill for data available as well - this would be needed to maintain gapless charts if you're not connected 24/7 to your broker.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Welcome to our forums here treachery. The direct edition would allow for live trading but would not have the full feature set, primarily ATM strategies, OCO orders and system development.

The lifetime license is the best investment as it would entitle you for receiving all future upgrades to the software.
      I understood that, on the free one, it wouldn't be possible to run automated trading systems. Is there somewhere a complete list of features the paid version has over the free one?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Subscribing to additional datafeeds can be very helpful if you need data that your broker would not provide (market stats, indices for example) or if you would like to expand NT's capabilities by having a solid backfill for data available as well - this would be needed to maintain gapless charts if you're not connected 24/7 to your broker.
      What do you mean? the broker provides me futures charts back to 2-3 of months each, and these should be stored in NT memory. I understand they lack index and all other kind of data, but why should they be with gaps? At least, with futures cfd you have a few months of full data...

Thanks for replying.

Comment

Please see the picture attached for all advanced features the direct edition would not offer.

If you're broker provides a backfill and you're happy with the instrument range offered, then you're mainly good without a dedicated feed. Many customers though enjoy having a backup feed handy as well.
        Attached Files
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response