Need help with the data serie in the backtesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with the data serie in the backtesting

I'm a new lifetime license user cause I see NT is a very powerful and flexible software building any strategy or indicator, however I got this problem when I go to backtest or optimizer:

The second input section called "DATA SERIES", in the box called "Price based on" it just allows "LAST, BID, OR ASK" in order to do all Testing, the problem to me is that I work with several indicators using always a "MEDIAN PRICE" or (BID+ASK)/2

Questions:
    - Can I modify my analyzer adding this capability in this section input "Price based on" ?

- If not, How can I solve this situation? I can't do any backtesting to new indicators using median price

I got a lot of backtesting to do and I can't do it without solving this issue

Thanks in advance

pstrusi, the main data series of your charts would always be build on either Last, Bid or Ask prices.

If you then calculate your indicators / strategies you could choose those PriceTypes here as well for their calculations - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../pricetype.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand,

Actually I built my indicator/strategy using Median as input, but when I get results from backtesting, I suspected that Last has been used all time cause results, I'll double check it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post sarafuenonly123