Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

external datafeed - multiple datafeed

Hello,

I have a lifetime-license from NT. I want to connect with Zen-Fire and with external datafeed.

There appear error-messages whenever I try to connect both - no matter which datafeed first. Is there any possibilty to have Zen-Fire for charting and my external datafeed (for my live trading)? Would this work with a mulitbroker-license? Or can I run NT6.5 and NT 7on one PC?

Thanks
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 11-27-2011, 02:13 PM.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to be connected to the External Data Feed connection and any other provider. When the External Data Feed connection is used, it must be the only connection used. A change here is something which development is looking in to, but there is no work around at this time.

This same limitation would apply no matter which type of license is used. Additionally, it is not possible to run multiple instances of NInjaTrader (even two different versions as you describe) on the same PC at the same time.

The only work-around I could think of for you would be to use two separate PC's - one for the Zen-Fire connection and the other for the External Feed.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

thanks for your reply.

So, I need another computer, what do you suggest for NT7 - a 32bit or 64bit (I think with Win7)

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi Tony,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to be connected to the External Data Feed connection and any other provider. When the External Data Feed connection is used, it must be the only connection used. A change here is something which development is looking in to, but there is no work around at this time.

This same limitation would apply no matter which type of license is used. Additionally, it is not possible to run multiple instances of NInjaTrader (even two different versions as you describe) on the same PC at the same time.

The only work-around I could think of for you would be to use two separate PC's - one for the Zen-Fire connection and the other for the External Feed.

Comment

Hi Tony,

As the 64 bit version of NinjaTrader has greater access to memory, that mode would be my recommendation. (though either should work just fine)
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post guillembm  
        Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes